or Connect

Posts by macarena

Is'nt the SDK supposed to be resolution independent? The old apps should theoretically work just fine even with a high resolution screen. In fact, a lot of the rationale for the size-drop in Snow Leopard is because Apple is migrating the technologies developed for the iPhone over to Mac OS X. Like vector based fonts, etc. These are essential to have resolution independence. All the graphics elements are resolution independent because Quartz is now completely resolution...
This idea of live audio instead of the speech bubbles is plain stupid. Most of the time these comics and games on the iPhone would be "time pass" items - to be used when you are waiting in a queue, etc. I can understand games that use sound feedback, with an option to turn the sound off... but comics? Surely, this is a medium that works much better with text in bubbles? It is also likely to be a 100 times easier for marvel to digitize their collection retaining the...
- Don't limit the ambition of the device. It need not just be a device to get iTunes into the living room. It should be a device that changes the way the world relates to the TV. In fact, Apple should adopt the slogan - "AppleTV - make your idiot box smart". Apple has been able to dramatically change the way the music and mobile phone markets worked. So why can't they attempt something as dramatic with the way TV works? Once this...
Apple can do something simple here. Just sell Snow Leopard as an "Upgrade for previous versions of Mac OS X on Apple Hardware" for $129. If they lose this case, and are forced to sell the software directly, they can sell "For OEM use only" at $400 (or whatever Windows Ultimate is sold at) - with very clear warning that the software comes with no support or warranties from Apple, and the end buyer can only get support from the OEM. This takes care of one set of the...
I dont know if people have focussed enough on this - Apple will not be ready to release a product using e-Ink or e-Paper for some time. That simply does not gel with Apple's vision for the future. e-Ink/e-Paper does not fit well with the "touchscreen" and "multitouch" paradigm that Apple is pushing now - The only way to support touchscreen with e-Ink, is to use an overlay on top of the actual e-Paper. When you have light black on a light grey black ground, the overlay...
Not name calling here - - just stating facts, that expectations in the Apple community are so high, it would be tough for Apple to meet them. The broader community on the other hand might be a lot easier to Wow... I am an apple fanatic myself - and am happy and proud to be one... I dont consider these terms to be derogatory. But maybe I am not clued in to some other significance of the word?
I mean, expectations are pretty high at the moment. I think even if Apple came out with a device that was pretty spectacular, it might still not meet the expectations of the fanboys! In a way, I think this must be one of the reasons for Apple to distance itself from the fanboy crowd (by moves like getting out of Macworld), and be focussed on the consumer space. The fanboys today have only one role to play - that of setting the bar high for Apple, so that Apple does not...
Imagine a big drone on a video monitor talking to millions of users, saying things like "you are all thieves, you can't be trusted to own your music and use it the way you want. You have to be put on a tight leash that restricts what you are allowed to do with your music", and stuff like that -- while a blond runner in a white tank top runs up and breaks the monitor with a hammer - the screen dissolves into a caption -- "Your music is now yours, to use how you want. iTunes...
... just wait till Apple announces an extension of the App Store for the Apple TV. When people can develop "full" size and complexity apps, that can be viewed on your large screen TVs! I sure would hate to be Nintendo, or Sony, if Apple comes out with 99 cents, or even Free games that can be downloaded and played using the Apple TV, using the iPod Touch as the multi-function remote control (each game throws up a specific control pad onto the pre-registered iPod Touch,...
Several people have analyzed and compared Apple computers to Dell, and have come up with conclusions - either that comparable Dells are about as expensive as Apple's, or that Dells are substandard in quality of components and design compared to the equivalents used in Apple. However, my point is something competely different. We accepts Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, etc., as upmarket brands, and we know that these are "brands" that carry a much higher price than...