or Connect

Posts by macarena

Hope you did not spend too much money patenting it.... your patent expired about 50 million years back - at which point the only thing you could have received as compensation was a lot of hot air (because nothing else existed)! And even if your patent is still valid, I doubt if anyone can actually copy the Big Bang, even if they wanted to ;-) As for using things derived from the Big Bang, it is perfectly legal, as long as you don't use the Big Bang itself.   And in any...
This "advisory" from the judge to the jury is pure dynamite in Apple's favor.   And even when you are looking to fight a thermonuclear war, a little dynamite can always come in handy :-)
Totally irrelevant reply. If you steal my car, I can't use it anymore. If Google uses Apple's IP and is willing to compensate Apple for it, Apple can still use it's IP.The point is simply this - the whole point of the patent system is to encourage people to share their knowledge, so that further knowledge gains can be made. If not for this goal, everything could just be a trade secret and no one can build on top of others work. While it is legal to deny licensing, I...
Maybe Apple has major issues with the way the current situation evolved. And rightfully so. But despite that, clearly multitouch and other technologies are way too critical to be held only for the use of one company. We might all say google stole this from apple. But if google is willing to pay apple for this privilege, and was willing to pay all along, one could argue that it is Apple that forced google to steal by not being willing to license. In any case, despite how...
I keep complaining of the high upfront cost of the iPhone in India. But when I see the ridiculously high monthly charges in the US, it feels like I am luckier in India! I have to pay about $5 for 1GB, and $13 for 5GB (I never reach close to 1GB even!). And absolutely no limits on what I do with the data - tethering, FaceTime, whatever. And I get extremely low rates on voice, less than 1 cent a minute, and pretty much free text - first 100 msgs a day are free. I pay $800...
That groove for opening the laptop is a dead giveaway that this is in reality an Apple Laptop - please check your facts. Apple has posted several videos of how they spent a lot of time and attention getting this groove right. If this is really a HP laptop, then something is seriously wrong!
Is that the sound of $12.5 billion flushed down a toilet? This week must have been a real roller coaster ride for Google. First all the announcements at I/O - and then, right at the end, major bad news in the form of the Samsung nexus injunction. This is big news, because a stock Android phone has been banned. So the risk for Android just got ridiculously high. On top of it, these anti-trust actions. If Google cannot use the MMI patents aggressively, what is the use?...
I am sure this is the sort of feature Orbitz must have thought about a lot, and even got some legal opinion on, before implementing. At one level, customers might think they are getting ripped off. But if you really think about it, all they are doing, is using User Data that the user is anyway sending them, to reorganize results. All the results are shown to everyone, and the prices are the same. It is just re-ordered. I actually think this is a much more ethical thing...
Not all iOS developers work for large US based companies. There are several small developers in the US, and even in other countries (I am from India). Also, when you are buying just a few Apple products for personal use the prices aren't a big deal. But if you have to equip a whole team of developers with Macs and iPhones/iPads, it gets really expensive.MacMini is an OK option, if you just want to build small apps. Or you dont want to use tools like the Profiler for...
Considering how small Computers have become, as a percentage of Apple's Revenue and Profits, it is indeed strange that Apple still insists on high margins in this space. In Apple's own reckoning, the PC market is a dying market, and the future is in tablets. Then why don't they lower their margins and make a play for increased marketshare?   Today, the barrier to developing iPhone and iPad software is significantly higher than the barrier to develop Android Software....