or Connect

Posts by alebowgm

Two different Macbook Pros. First is a 13-inch, Mid 2009 (identifier 5,5). Second is a 17inch, Mid 2007 (identifier 3,1). Time Capsule is 1TB, Early 2009 (MB765LL/A). When wired the 2007 and 2009 work no problem. When wireless, the 2009 connects to the Time Machine no problem and backs up properly, using the auto feature where it selects 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ. The 2007 when in auto mode drops from full signal to no signal and fails backup. If I drop the 5ghz wireless N to A...
One thing I should probably add... when I turn on my Pismo, the monitor which I am using for a second detects a signal coming from the device, but nothing comes on the screen... but as soon as I disconnect the VGA cable from the Pismo, it says check signal... so obviously there is some sort of signal???
I tried pressing apple-c and just holding c on boot, off of an OS X install CD some lent me... think it is OS X 10.2, but had nothing... Any other ideas?
I am sorry, n00b here and going to need more instruction than that... Unfortuantly, the Pismo is my only mac (well next to an old Powermac 8000 I have somewhere kicking and an IIvx).
Ya,I just phoned around here in the city, the only people who have it want to do the work for $300... well considering that for $400 I could get a 12'' iBook G3, it makes no sense. Any idea what exactly I need to purchase to get this sucker going again? I figure it is at the step that happens after you reboot, and it wont detect the external monitor for some reason at that step... sigh...
Hey all, Let me first give you the backstory on this Pismo, which will all lead up to the problem at hand. This Pismo, as listed on the bottom, is a Pismo Powerbook 400mhz/1MB Cache/64 MB/ 6GB HD/8 MB Video/DVD machine. Back in 2002, the user of the machine at the time cracked the LCD screen on the machine, so he passed it down to me. Using an external monitor, I had the ability to get back into the computer, and I used it for an extended period with its Mac OS 9....