or Connect

Posts by bsenka

Higher resolution is nice, but I'd much rather see Apple put more effort into making their monitors colour accurate. The Thunderbolt display (and the iMac for that matter) is woefully inadequate if calibrated colour is important for your work. If they really want to make a "pro" display, it would be nice of they could give me a reason not to buy NEC or Eizo.
This lines up with what I've heard too. The lead time is sometimes so far ahead that it's going to be well into 2014 before the last projects that Steve Jobs was personally involved with will be released.
That part actually makes more sense than you'd think. They're probably taking these pix with a cell phone shoved in a pocket, trying to snap the shot while walking by. If they're real ( I'm not saying they are), they most likely would be pretty bad pictures. I'd be more suspicious if they were really good shots actually.
It's a fantastic addition to the Mac lineup. Consumers will want it. It's a horrible replacement for the Mac Pro tower. Real Pros will hate it.
It looks like a fun and capable upscale consumer computer. Big upgrade from a mini or an iMac, for sure. HUGE downgrade from a Mac Pro though. This will further send more audio and video professionals away from the Mac.
Restoring album art to list view goes a long way to making iTunes 11 usable again with large libraries. Too bad they make it so convoluted to switch those views though. The iTunes 10 way of just clicking the icon at top right to switch views (including separate list and album list, as well as cover flow) was so much better. Mini player is much better too, at least scrubbing is back! Now if only they'd restore the proper title bar, and the now playing album art in the...
Funding? WhoGAS about funding. The FAA should just order the airlines to do that testing and report the results by a set date if they want to continue to have the privilege of flying.
I'm a huge fan of Netflix. The $8/mo is such a small price to pay to keep my kids in line. "I'm cancelling Netfix" is a way more serious threat than any other punishment I could impose! The downside is, I can now recite every episode of iCarly line for line.
I'm using blueberry (2.2), and it automatically converts opened files to RGB - without even warning you -- and strips out any embedded profiles. There are no options for keeping files as CMYK.
I downloaded the demo and played with it a while. There's a lot to like. The interface is really good, I particularly like the effects browser palette, and the brush options. Unfortunately, it still doesn't do CMYK. That's a deal breaker. I don't see Pixelmator doing much damage to Adobe just yet. I don't think designers and photographers realize how often frustrated publishers end up sending their files to a colour house to fix them.