or Connect

Posts by bsenka

Every company has to start somewhere. None of this is proof of anything other than they are a brand new company.
No track record works both ways, they have no negative experiences yet either. When I said "if it comes to fruition" I guess I should have added "if it really works as a Mac". IMO, they don't even have to discount it. The form factor alone will drive sales. They could charge $1500 and they'll still get it if it works. Like I said in the first post, I want to buy a Mac from Apple, but Apple doesn't make the Mac I and millions of other Mac users need. If Apple gave me a...
Bingo. That would be the reason that this product would be successful; Apple does not sell the product that a large number of Mac users want to buy. If someone else comes along as does so, Apple's losses are entirely of their own doing. I just bought a new iMac, but I'll give it to my son and buy an OpenMac in a heartbeat if it actually comes to fruition, for no other reason than it's the Mac I wanted to buy from Apple in the first place.
I have the 2.4. It's particularly bad for those purposes, because you often get an odd posterized effect in the shadows and heavily saturated areas. like I said in my previous post, my quick and dirty solution was to add a second monitor that had better image quality. Working with dual monitors is pretty nice anyway, so it's not all negative.
This one lawsuit I absolutely agree with, and if it goes class action, I'm going to look into joining it. I am absolutely appalled by the poor quality monitor on my 20" Aluminum iMac. The old 20" iMac has great screens, so I had no reason to question if this one would. Even the low-end 22" LG LCD I have hooked up as a second monitor absolutely blows this iMac screen out of the water. It's by far the worst quality monitor I've ever had, and I never would have bought it if...
Absolutely. Tracking what you've done and charting that in contrast to your progress is critical if you really want to make a significant change. So many people just go to the gym day after day without tracking anything, and they don't understand why their bodies don't change. It's because they don't have a plan, and they don't keep records of what is working for them and what is not. Right now, I use a pocket notebook to track not only all of my workouts, but all of my...
This really does sound like something worth getting excited about. I'm very much looking forward to seeing the final product.
Apple should sell this device to the cable companies for them to provide as the cable box to their clients. If Motorola ca do it, Apple should be able to do it better.
Flaky in what respect? Certainly not stability, I've never seen VLC lock up or crash, and it's probably the only application for any platform that I can say that about. What do you think is better?Heard of one, sure. They read about them in the paper. But Plenty haven't actually seen and/or touched one (or have even a rudimentary understanding of what it does). Heck, I had somebody ask me a little while ago what the internet was. He'd read about it, but didn't understand...
[QUOTE=solipsism;1227950 I know plenty of people that know nothing about torrents or transcoding media.[/QUOTE] Not everyone knows about every software out there. I know plenty of people who know nothing about Macs, iPods, OS X, or iTunes. Every top downloads tracker I've ever seen has VLC being a lot more popular than iTunes. Many of them have it listed as the number one download. As a standalone player, VLC is actually really good. Just drop files in the playlist, and...