or Connect

Posts by bsenka

It's a valid comparison. That's exactly what this thing is, a stripped-down, de-contented MacBook. The MB has much better specs for a lot less money, with the same screen size and similar foot print.
You've got to be freaking kidding me. A SOFTWARE update? After all the talk about how the TV was going to be revamped, that's all they offer? This is the most no-news Macworld I can ever remember.
Are you kidding? The specs are really low, basic functionality has been stripped out, and it's a totally closed system, including the battery. EVERY hardware manufacturer, including Apple, far surpassed this product years ago. Anyone who would find this even remotely usable would probably be better served by a used iBook for a quarter of the cost.
This is a serious yawner. They should have rolled the MBA out quietly last week, and used the keynote to unveil the new Mac Pro. At least that would have been interesting. I mean, what was the objective here? Lets make the most under powered, least featured notebook we possibly can, then charge a massive premium for it just because it's thinner. A smaller footprint would be marginally impressive, but only a simpleton is impressed by "thin".
Which is precisely why TV should. Nobody wants a stack of devices connected to their TV. Give me one box that replaces all of them, with a simple Mac-like on screen interface, and I'll buy 3 of them. Leave even one of those features out, and I'll make do with what I have. Cable boxes already come with PVRs in them, and you can order movies with them. Only thing missing is an optical player/recorder (DVD or Blu-Ray) built-in. First box to market with that will own the...
There have been many books about alien invasions too, that doesn't mean it's impending either. Canadians have a much stronger sense of nationalism than you seem to think. The federation is strong, and the differences are very few. The urban vs rural differences within each province are far bigger than any differences between provinces, and even they are largely of the 'agree to disagree' variety. Even Quebec is nowhere near as volatile as the media makes it out to be. Like...
Then why are there still so many mfrs selling so many DVD players? People still buy DVD players, whether to add a second (or third, etc) one, to replace an old one, or to finally catch up with the times. If ATV was also a DVD player, even people who aren't interested in iTunes video would still have it as a purchasing option. A tuner, PVR, and a recordable optical drive are all needed for the TV to be viable. People who don't want these features, don't want the product...
I'd love to see a politician actually propose this idea here. It would be not only the end of his/her political career, it would probably be the end of that political party too. Seriously, It's a tiny, tiny minority that feels the way you describe. Doing just about anything to get Quebec to quit whining, sure, but join the US? Not a chance. Most Canadians want to have a lot less to do with the US, not more. "America=bad" is one of the few things Canadians are virtually...
Say what? That they want to join the US, or that NAFTA just takes from us and gives nothing back?
Four bucks. Twenty-four hours. Nowhere near DVD quality. You still need to buy an Apple TV, and you have to wait while it downloads. That's the worst deal in movie rentals I've ever seen. I pay less to rent 2 physical DVDs at my local video store, keep one of them for 7 days, and I can be there and back in ten minutes. If this rumour is true, even $1.99 would be really pushing it for this service. UNLESS.... Apple builds in a "nudge-nudge-wink-wink" way of...