or Connect

Posts by bsenka

Charges haven't shown up yet, but that doesn't mean anything. It's not uncommon for friday charges to not show up until monday.
I've always bought my Apple products in-store. This is the first time I've pre-ordered, and I'm wondering about something: do they charge your account when you place the order, or when it ships?
Mine said 11/2 when I put it in my cart, but it was changed to "end of November" by the time I finished the check-out.
I don't need the cellular, but I absolutely want the GPS. It would be nice if both versions had the GPS chip, and only the 4G/LTE radio was the differentiating factor. Since it isn't though, I'll still pay the extra and likely never put a SIM in it.
The obsession with thin for the iMac is grossly overdone. A much better use of their engineering time would be making opening the damn thing up easier. It should not be easier to upgrade my laptop than my desktop.
If they intend to market it as a reading device, and they don't do something to substantially reduce the glare that you get on the current models, they'll be setting themselves up for another round of the same thing that's happening with maps. There will be no end of over the top "man blinded trying to use iPad" type stories being carried my the mainstream press. And they'll actually have a point this time. My iPad is completely unusable outside because of the excessive...
Nobody lost street view. You can still use the stand alone Streetviewer app, as well as several other solutions.
I keep reading people saying this has to be a cheaper version. I don't want a cheaper model, I only want a smaller one. I'll buy it if it costs the same as the 10" version. What I won't buy, is one that has much of the iPad-ness stripped out of it just to make it cheaper.
When I type just "Columbia", "Columbia, SC, United States" is the very first option in the autocomplete list. The entire list is full of different "Columbias" all over the US. What it does not give me, is any South American options. Nor should it, since those places aren't even spelled the same.This is par for the course though. I've yet to see an example of a problem in iOS maps that I can actually replicate. Every time someone posts about some new crazy error, I go...
WORKING prototypes they don't get, but they do get non-functional dummy units to text the fit and function of the cases.