or Connect

Posts by bsenka

My experience so far has been that Apple's maps are quite a bit more accurate than Google's. I went through my history (thanks Apple for keeping that on the new app, BTW!), and all the places I had trouble with Google were spot on with Apple. Yes, I do miss Streetview, but that's not an issue either as there is still the standalone StreetViewer app. Like some others have posted, the claims of Apple's lack of detail seem to primarily be lies of omission. They conveniently...
maps.google.com does not work anywhere near as well as the old iOS Maps app did. No street view, very limited controls, and much slower to respond/load even using wifi.
I'm all for Apple protecting their intellectual property, but this is really going to far, IMO. CF molding is a pretty mature industry. I sure don't see anything new in that patent. It read like a basic description of how most CF stuff is made these days. I realise they are looking at it in terms of mass produced items like phones and computers, but how does Apple think Carbon Fibre bicycles, hockey sticks, and goalie masks are mass produced? There are massive factories...
I often wonder if the people who claim a 7 or 8" iPad would be too small have ever used a Kindle or a similar eReader. I'm looking at this as someone who owns a full range of iOS and OS X products (including an iPad), as well as a cheap 7" Android tablet. The 7" tablet is a superior format for reading, and for carrying around. Despite protestations to the contrary, it absolutely does fit in pockets and other storage areas that the iPad will not -- including the back...
There's no reason it has to be worse at anything. If the tech can be put into an iPhone, it can certainly go into a slightly smaller iPad.A 7-8" tablet can fit into a lot of places that a full size iPad can't. A glove box, a map pocket, a jacket pocket, and yes, even the back pocket of a pair of jeans.Lower cost seems to be the direction it's heading, but there's no reason it has to. Apple will sell millions of them, even if it's exactly the same price as the 10" version....
I don't think anyone wants these features to not be available for those who might want them. The issue is Apple has shown an increasing propensity to change things in such a way that the end user CAN'T ignore them. Being able to work the way you want to used to be Apple's hallmark, now you quite often can't turn off features that you don't want.With FB integration, I definitely would want Apple to allow me to turn it off entirely. Knowing how they've been operating lately...
Exactly. People are hung up on the name, as if that will somehow vindicate their steadfast insistence that the 7" device would not happen. There are several posters on this site whose credibility is on the verge of being permanently erased if this device is released, regardless of what it's called.
It would be a fairly limited tool if it didn't.I really like this app idea. People automatically assume nefarious or lecherous purposes, but even when you've just met someone in a legitimate setting, you don't really know them yet. Whether it''s a date, a business deal, a co-worker, or whatever, it would be a nice bit of peace of mind to be able to use a number that you could just turn off if they turn out to be stalker-ish.
I've used several different navigation devices and apps, and I've yet to find one that doesn't give questionable instructions at least 25% of the time. Flat out wrong ones come up about 10% of the time in my experience. The most common mistake I see is giving a location on the wrong side of a river, far from a convenient crossing point. Less common, but still happens often enough that I've seen it a few times, is the GPS meticulously directing you to a location that is...
Is that an accurate description of how it does work in Mountain Lion, or are you speculating? If it is, I'd say that does qualify as taking away an important feature.This thread has me going back and forth between worried, relieved, and worried again.