or Connect

Posts by Powerdoc

The new screen of the I mac Retina is great, but I think the Thinness franzy has gone to far. IMO.    My current I mac is a mid 2011 with a core I7 chip ,  a 256 GB SSD and 1 TB HD. Granted the SSD, the wake up time is excellent, and granted the 1 T HD, I have all the necessary place for all my photos.    Now in 2014, I have the choice to choose SSD (at a huge cost for 1GB) or a fusion drive. Fusion drive are not as performant than SSD.  For an all in one computer, I...
It depend. My hobby is photography. My plan next year is to visit , the great canyon, monument valley ... with my family. As we come from France by air plane, I do not plan to carry heavy stuff. So for me it's important to have more than 256 GB of storage. That's why I ordered the 512 GBytes model. 
I am sad today. I never met this man, but the Apple's products have been my companions of my every day life for the last two decades. I can't imagine, what will look like the computer and electronic industry without SJ. Very few people in the industrial world, had such influence than SJ. RIP Steve Jobs.
My elder daughter is 15 and my benjamine is 12. Except some back problems (sciatic) 2 years ago, everything is fine for me and my family. Cheers, Cedric
Hello Felowship, nice to see you here. I expect, everything is fine for you and your family.
I used to be here, but I am almost not here, anymore.
Yes, there is a lot of chance to see Sandy bridges Macs the next week.
My new I mac i7 is fine, and I haven't got any flash or screen issue. That's say, I know too many people having problems. It's not marginal. I wonder if we could make a poll to see the percentage of defective 27 inch I mac.
During many years, I have been very active in the Apple outsider (and then the politcal outsider forum) . Now I am not anymore. The addiction is finish. As a mod, and an admin, it was a real mess to deal with. Many time we have considered to lock this one. But our advice was (perhaps it has changed now) : - no one is forced to enter in this arena. - it allow the other forum to be more cool. People willing to have reason whatever subject they are dealing with, find a...
Thanks