or Connect

Posts by allblue

'Heavy-duty' (desktop) software + Intel x86 CPU + ultra-thin form = low battery life. Surely?
Is it a fridge? Is it a toaster? No! It's a fridge with a toaster! The best of both worlds! How can it possibly fail?
You've missed my point entirely. At this stage the Surface is no more than a concept, it does not exist as a useable product. The demonstration threw out some broad ideas - but did not address specifics. Would you still 'want one' if the battery life was only two hours for example? This would be Microsoft's first attempt at building a tablet - how do you know that build quality would be acceptable, what level of failure rate would be acceptable to you - of  the two...
  What? Based on that presentation alone? That's one hell of an act of faith.
I don't know much about the technicalities, but I'd always assumed that a discreet GPU was one that was too embarrassed to show pr0n.
  Perhaps he was sacked for making up countries? He probably thought 'They're Americans, they won't know'!
I was reading the Windows - ARM thread earlier, and looking at that committee designed mish-mash a word came to mind to differentiate the Apple approach, and that word was 'clarity'. Then reading this article and Sir Jony says exactly that "Our products are tools and we don't want design to get in the way. We're trying to bring simplicity and clarity, we're trying to order the products." This focussed simplicity at the fundamental design level translates into the 'just...
  Since when are they called "motherboards" and not 'logic boards' in Macs?  
Modern dictionary.   lobby (verb) to corrupt example: The corporation lobbied Congress.
Come on, show a bit of enthusiasm. Honestly, trolling ain't what it used to be is it?