or Connect

Posts by allblue

I'm sure I'm not the only one to notice that since the first 'Lauren' ad aired the nature of this forum has changed somewhat. The Microsoft campaign appears to have unearthed a host of 'long-time Apple users' who apparently hate their products along with Apple's 'monopolistic practises'. Fortunately relief is at hand for these poor benighted souls as Windows 7 will fix the economy, end world hunger and even make a decent cup of tea. Now we have the Zune 'HD' ('It's just...
Great! Another new Microsoft product in the offing! Time to visit the garden shed and get the astro-lawn mower out!
This is Lauren. She told us she wanted a watch that "went on my wrist" and "told me the time" for under $1000. We told her "You find it, you keep it!" Cut to shot of Lauren walking into the entrance of a Cartiers store and walking straight back out again. "Well they looked nice with the diamonds and all, but they're really not in my budget. I guess I'm just not cool enough to be a Cartier owner" she sighs wistfully. Cut to Lauren talking to street vendor with some...
What is the potential long term viability of Psystar's business model? For argument's sake, let's suppose that at the end of the court process Psystar 'wins', i.e. the court rules that it is not illegal to buy OSX and install it on non-Apple hardware as a commercial operation. If we disregard any response from Apple to that unlikely conclusion, what else would happen? Well, Pystar could start selling OSX boxes, but so could Dell, HP and every other commodity PC maker. The...
Just hang on a few years bro - the future keeps coming! Optical disc offers 500GB storage
I seem to remember (although the memory is vague) reading last year that the 'bag of hurt' Apple had with Blu-Ray was not about any royalty fees, but that Sony was demanding that Apple put a protected route through the OS right into the kernel to work with their DRM arrangement. Microsoft, I believe, complied with this demand in Vista, but Apple were unwilling to do so. Does anyone know about this? If it is the case, and BR support is coming, does this mean that Apple...
Yet again we see a glaring example of one of the fundamental differences between Apple and Microsoft. Over the last few years it has been fascinating to watch as Apple's brilliantly devised and implemented strategy falls into place. A company that ten years ago made only computers and a limited range of high-end software, is now the dominant player in the PMP market, the leading music distributor in the US and now a major player in the smartphone market with the App Store...
It's always a good idea to get advice from an expert.
Unfortunately my mother does not have a basement.
So where does 'hot' fit in?