or Connect

Posts by allblue

I think you will find the word is actually 'supposedly'.
You may have a point about trolls Abster2core, but you must appreciate this update looks very different on opposite sides of the Atlantic. It's significant how many US customers are unhappy with it, the price drop notwithstanding. It could be argued that this is a departure from the long established Apple model of maintaining price points while upgrading the tech, whereas this is pretty much maintaining the tech while dropping the price. From where I'm sitting that doesn't...
Don't PCs come bundled with anti-virus software? That's something Apple doesn't provide, so that's one advantage for the PC buyer. Er...
There is a lot to say here, but I can only be brief right now. This board, and other similar, are showing clearly that outside of the US the Apple faithful are feeling hurt and angry, outraged even. Apple have seriously damaged their good name in Europe with their arrogant, almost contemptuous pricing decisions with this update. It takes a long time to build up goodwill, but it can be destroyed in an instant, and they have done that today for a good segment of their loyal...
Remember these are still just rumours... How does this all fit in with Snow Leopard? Better GPUs for OpenCL - check. Quad (+) core CPUs for Grand Central - er...
...and some people hold on to a perception even in the face of evidence to the contrary. As it happens, I'm going to give away every single last penny I possess, and that's not BS, it's all written down in a document entitled 'Last Will and Testament'.
With apologies for introducing a serious element into this Happy Hour thread... I'm afraid the B&MG Foundation is not the act of selfless altruism as the (very successful) spin suggests, but is a tax avoidance mechanism designed for the extremely wealthy. The article states the Foundation has $35 bn (up from $32.5 bn last year), and as long as it spends at least $1.5 bn p.a. it pays no tax on the earnings of the rest. So one of the world's wealthiest men is effectively...
In other news: I've just made myself a cup of tea.
I guess there are things a bit like that (not that i would really know, being a bit of an old fart meself!) but as Apple showed with the iPod, sometimes it takes someone to take an existing concept and turn it into something that really takes off because it is done very well. I wouldn't have thought it too hard to set such a thing up, and one of the wonders of the internet is that things can get around very quickly - how many views did that fat bloke dancing in front of...
Interesting debate chaps. re Paxman's 'who would filter out the crap' reasoning. Perhaps this could be an opportunity for a new form of an old media - web radio stations. Aspiring artistes would send their demos to them - 'stations' would identify themselves by genre - and they would pick out the good ones and stream them as a 'radio' show. The service could be paid for by advertisements, subscription or even by setting up their own iTunes-esque direct sales section. A...