or Connect

Posts by allblue

Hi Ninja! What you see as a flaw this guy sees as a strength. From the BBC site today: "Eunoia is the shortest word in English containing all five vowels - and it means "beautiful thinking". It is also the title of Canadian poet Christian Bok's book of fiction in which each chapter uses only one vowel. Mr Bok believes his book proves that each vowel has its own personality, and demonstrates the flexibility of the English language." Full story...
Of course! Thanks!Not forgetting 'you'!
English is such a hybrid language that it is not at all phonetic. 'Center' may be more phonetic than 'centre', but the -re ending is a legacy of French elements in the language. To arbitrarily change some words, as happened in post-independence America, without overhauling and standardising the whole caboodle doesn't make a lot of sense either.You did not pick a very good example with 'categorise'. How do you pronounce 'rise'? My favourite...
Well I think it's a good thing that Apple is loosing customers. They should never have tied them up in the first place. Come on Mr H you're slacking!
Wow! As a non-Usan it is sometimes easy to forget just what a spooky place the States has become (or perhaps has always been). Some great replies from the thinking people though! Just a couple of points. It always strikes me, a heterosexual male of mature years, that when someone is convinced that homosexual desire is a "choice" then perhaps there are areas their own sexual landscape that they have left unexplored. I've never had a homosexual experience, not because some...
Blimey! Hard core computer p0rn!
“People of the same trade seldom meet together, even for merriment and diversion, but the conversation ends in a conspiracy against the public, or in some contrivance to raise prices.” Adam Smith
Although it was believed that something may or may not be happening at some indeterminate point in the future, it is now believed that something may or may not be happening at some other indeterminate point in the future. I think I've got that clear, thanks.
Part of my thinking is that this G4 iMac design is the most ergonomic desktop ever, and I also think that it is far more aesthetically pleasing than the current black/silver iteration. I will miss it when it is finally replaced. Also I just had the power supply replaced (5 1/2 years, fair enough) so I'm committed to seeing through to next year with this one. In light of that, I would be interested in upgrading to 10.4, particularly as so many apps are now 10.4 and up...
Rather dull explanation I'm afraid. My iMac G4800 came with 10.2, I happily bought 10.3 when it came out, but 10.4 didn't seem such a big thing. Plus, I have been teetering on the brink of buying a new machine for ages, but this one keeps ploughing away so I have got into that 'wait for the next update' rut! I was thinking about getting 10.5, my machine was originally within the spec, but when it was released the spec had changed and I was out in the cold. Still, 10.3.9...