or Connect

Posts by allblue

This is worrying for an OS that has already been delayed by several months. Yes they got the iPhone out the door, but at what price? Does this mean a buggy 10.5.0 or another delay? Presumably iLife is just sitting around waiting, and what about the new iMac? It seems that Apple have got themselves into a bit of a pickle here, they need to have a bit of a rethink and make sure that from here on they do not over-extend themselves and spread their resources too thinly. They...
Does this mean that you can now download a movie through Safari? Without the Pro plug-in the only way to do that is open the activity window, find the file as it downloads to the cache and double click it. As much as I like and admire Apple, crippling their own browser to try squeeze a few extra quid out of the user is taking the piss I reckon. If I want to download a movie I keep Camino to hand so I can just command-s rather than faffing about in the activity window. As...
Yes, I have seen the Logitech MX310 and have it lined up for when this one breaks, although to be fair this one has kept going for several years so I can't complain really. But it is MS, and you know what us Apple cats are like...
Have you never tried using the mouse with your left hand? (Stop sniggering at the back!) When I got my first computer I had a narrow desk with draws underneath on the right, and the only way I could get the pizza-box/monitor/keyboard set up was to have the mouse on the left. So the first time I ever used a mouse was with my left hand, and although I am quite pathetically uni-dextrous with everything else I have no problems with the mouse on the sinsiter side. Although I...
Interesting. I can't help thinking that the best application of multi-touch® (whatever) technology is on an input device, some sort of track-pad type thing sitting to the right of the keys. Unlikely I guess, but you should never underestimate the vision/implementation skills of Johhny Ives and the boys... The timing of iLife 07.5 (?) is a bit tricky as presumably some features, although back compatible, will require 10.5's Core Animation (not to mention 64 bitness and...
Yep, lawyer food!
It is a feature of internet forums that often people talk with great authority on something that they clearly do not know very much about, neglecting to add the necessary qualification such as 'I think', 'I believe' or 'a bloke down the pub told me'. As a couple of people have pointed out, you cannot copyright an idea. If you think about it for a moment you will realise what an absurd notion that is. Copyright law can be quite a grey area. In this instance, if Apple had...
I occasionally get a 'popping' sound on my G4 iMac runnning 10.3.9. To get rid of it I have to restart which does the trick. It is quite rare and seems to happen arbitrarily without any obvious cause.
Small information? As opposed to 'big information' presumably...
Ah yes but you're forgetting that the ZIF-2 correlates dynamically utilising the vertical plane, therefore allowing access to the orb via the multi-dimensional Gunter switching system. Not that I'm an expert or anything...