or Connect

Posts by EMoeller

A friend of mine has one (he was a Blackberry junky and hates the touch keyboards).   I tested it out and it works as advertised on my 5s.   Tests indicate that that it is faster than a touch keyboard and I suppose if that is what you are used to that would be the case.
Well March 27th is the start of MacWorld in SF - so yes that would be a good time to make the announcement....
Well it seems that Tableau IS coming natively to the Mac:   http://www.tableausoftware.com/public/blog/2013/09/tableau-public-mac-2130   I just checked the exhibitor listing at MacWorld (coming up in SF at the end of this month) and they are not listed as exhibitors.  Too bad as that would have been a great venue for them to announce/release the product.   http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/   It is VERY encouraging that high end data visualization programs...
I agree with canukstorm - serious spreadsheet users will only use Excel. Visicalc drove the PC industry (I'm actually convinced it wouldn't have been nearly as successful if the spreadsheet hadn't been invented). Apple needs to up its game with Numbers. To do so it should look to include macros/programing (a sorely needed update/improvement to Applescript as a viable alternative to Visual Basic for example) and improve its data analytics (wishing Tableau worked on a...
Great article! M&A's are sexy and all, but when it comes time to actually merge companies together, cultural and operating protocols can make it a very messy affair. The rule of thumb is about 20-30% (if all goes well) of the acquisition costs will need to be spent once the deal is closed to integrate the two entities. Apple has a very unique culture and I would imagine it would be extremely difficult to assimilate another large company without wrenching issues. I...
Not working at all on my early 2013 MBP 15". The Airplay option showed up in menu bar (as per the Settings in the monitor menu) but disappeared when I tried to use it. Reboot for both iOS and OSX don't seem to help.
These are all stepping stones to an eventual direct connection between the mind and digital devices. Interface progression: Input (visual and sound --> non physical communication) keyboard --> mouse --> gesture --> vocal (Siri) ---> sub vocal --> direct connection (wired initially, but eventually non-wired) Output (visual and sound --> non physical communication) monitor ---> increasing monitor display resolution ---> 3D displays "Oculus Rift" (increasing...
This seems like a very high number to me. I have always gifted my used Apple equipment to friends/family. Even my very first Apple II (1998 model s/n 6357) went to a school. I still have a Sprint Treo (plugged in and still working, although I don't have a carrier contract any more) though - if anyone wants one....
Although Apple doesn't have brick and mortar stores in Russia there is an active third party store community (Apple certified).  When the very first iPhone came out, I was lucky enough to purchase one and then had a trip to St. Petersburg.  I showed it to the folks at the "Apple store" there and they were all bug eyed - having only read about its release a few weeks earlier.  We hooked up their local wifi and they surfed the net.  Apple products are premium priced, and...
 This review today @ Macworld has a nice comparison for you... http://www.macworld.com/article/2084814/breathing-new-life-into-old-mac-pros.html