or Connect

Posts by EMoeller

If you follow along with the tutorials there are two ways to save the automations, one is through Safari as a separate icon, and the second is to use action extensions (the ones that pop up within other apps when you select the box with the up arrow).     Here is a nice overall summary of the program that provides much more information:   http://www.macstories.net/reviews/workflow-review-integrated-automation-for-ios-8/   Note that this is v1.0 (it is brand spanking...
Essentially Automator for iOS. I purchased the app yesterday and looking forward to playing around with it. The back story about these two high school developers is interesting also (DuckDuck Go it)
I wasn't even aware of this software (for either OS X or iOS). If they get this issue resolved, I'll be purchasing both versions.
I had the iPad 3 and just updated to the iPad Air 2.  It is a world of difference (much faster, much lighter, much more convenient (TouchID), much more powerful (the increase in RAM allows for large AutoCad file manipulation and editing).  With both free iWork and now Word, Excel & Powerpoint - I am starting to use it as a laptop replacement.   While traveling out of the country I can watch NBC nightly news each night (commercial free), and sling box my DirecTV movies.   I...
I travel and work remotely (often no cell or wifi) so this is something I am definitely interested in getting.  Wondering if the USB is 3.0?   As to pricing this is list price and I would expect it to drop by half in 6+ months.
"If current iPad's are on a sales decline, it won't be too surprising. Neither the iPad Air 2 or the iPad Mini 3 were very good upgrades.", dave k. I just picked up an iPad Air 2 (replaced my iPad 3) and I did so because of the upgrades. The speed is incredible, the weight is dramatically reduced, and the doubling of the onboard processor RAM allows for much larger files to be manipulated (I use a Autocad a lot). I really like the touchID feature also as well as the...
Microsoft was always a very clever company, Ballmer simply throttled it. They have some really amazing engineers! Over the past year I have been trying to convert away from Office and towards Apple's iWork suite. It has NOT been easy, as the business world is still very much Office centric and even minor discrepancies in work product creates inefficiencies. Like most I downloaded the updated Office for my iPhone and iPad and was surprised at how well it works on these...
So someone tell me, "Who the heck is going to purchase 2,000 of these machines?" I think there are only a handful of these things in existence now. Apparently they didn't work, or at least GTAT couldn't get them to work for Apple. Apple would have been the logical purchaser of any machines, but that's not in cards now.
Well, I travel internationally - a lot, and I am also a geologist.  Having geolocated photos is integral to my work (I use an amazing app called Theodolite HD for field work), and makes my life much easier sorting lots of digital photos when I arrive back home.  Once they are geo-coded they can be directly plotted onto maps for reports or travel logs.
Should have mentioned I did the engraving on the back.  That may be why my delivery date is Oct 29-31st, even though shipping will be in 2-4 days...