or Connect

Posts by EMoeller

Steve's "I cracked it" quote in the book referred to Airplay. Apple should license (maybe for free) the rights to have Airplay installed in all new TV sets. This would be a classic win-win. Every TV becomes a display for any and all of Apples iDevices. They should do the same for Airprint and Airtunes. This one thing would all Apple devices to utilize everyone's TV's, stereos, and printers - all of which are commodity product markets that Apple does not want or need...
this dock will work with any lightning iPhone, not just the 6/6
I also have had three iPads, two of which I have donated or passed on to friends. But the iPad Air 2 is really ideal in my opinion and its a shame that folks haven't really taken the time to try it out. I use it in place of a notepad in meetings (thank you Notability and Livescribe), I love Paper, and with full Microsoft Office, Apple, and Google office products all on the tablet I can converse with clients in any document format they prefer. It is still more difficult...
Thanks Brandon, I had forgotten about AMEX's extension.  Apple has always been great about repairs, and mean really great.  So I'm not expecting any issues, but it is v1.0...
Well maybe I'll get the extended warranty after all...
dcj001 04/27/2015 03:43 PM Neil Hughes wrote: "Compared to the Ion-X display, the sapphire cover reflects about twice as much ambient light. The sapphire on the Apple Watch is said to reflect about 8.2 percent of light, compared to just 4.6 percent with the Ion-X glass." Actually, compared to the Ion-X display, the sapphire cover reflects about 78% more ambient light; not about twice as much (100% more). Actually the sapphire both reflects and transmits light. Ideally...
The Watch Guide is available as a free download in the Bookstore - all 288 pages on my iPad.
I didn't think I'd be interested in an Apple Watch. I spent some time watching the videos while waiting for a flight back to the US on Friday and I'm certainly intrigued. Yesterday I browsed the watch sizes, styles, bands and prices and picked out one I liked ( http://www.apple.com/watch/gallery/#apple-watch-stainless-steel-case-milanese-loop ). I then checked the size/weight and ran into the single biggest issue Apple is going to face - the watch is nearly a half inch...
IF self driving cars become ubiquitous then I don't believe folks will own cars anymore. Transportation will "be a service", whereby you order your vehicle of choice (maybe a nicer one for an evening out, or a larger capacity for hauling the kids to the soccer game, or even a truck or van for moving/hauling). It will come and pick you up, deliver you, and then await your return requests to take you home (perhaps self parking itself or running other errands for other...
In thinking about charging I think if it uses a standard connector it could be recharged during the day from either another iDevice (iPhone/iPad/MacBook) or a small rechargeable battery (I have a battery case for my iPhone for example and I also carry a small pen sized flashlight 3000 ma battery in my bag for emergencies). So I don't see that as a big issue. Regarding the lifespan, I would be surprised if Apple hadn't thought long and hard about this. In the end I hope...