or Connect

Posts by EMoeller

I believe that USB-C can work with Thunderbolt cabling, which would provide the ultimate one cable solution (power, high bi-directional throughput, drive & video cabling, etc.). https://thunderbolttechnology.net/blog/thunderbolt-3-usb-c-does-it-all I can see Apple (and Intel) driving this across all of its product line.
Too similar to FlipBoard, which I am personally addicted to on my iPad. I don't think I would use this.
adrayven 07/02/2015 10:31 AM Mine's been fine with battery.. Usually between 23-50% at end of day.. and I start at 5am and end usually around 10-11pm at night.. 30 min of exercise in there, a few voice calls, avg 6-10 emails/texts notifications per hour throughout the day, etc. Agree, I have about the same usage and battery life. After an initial fascination, I found I didn't use the watch as much as I thought, but now with some of the new/updated apps I am using it more...
Agree these are high rates, BUT if you travel a lot internationally and don't want/need large data blocks this could very handy to check emails, etc.. Data plans in other countries are NOT cheap. Unknown for me at this time is how well is the coverage in each country (usually side agreements with local cell companies)? If it is restricted to large cities then wi-fi is probably the way to go. But I travel to some pretty remote areas, but they do tend to have some cell...
I have a 3Tb Time capsule purchased during that time period. Wonder if those used the same drive?
Totally agree.  This was Steve's vision also - empower artists with technology.  This is NOT Spotify streaming replacement or an attempt at reviving Ping.  It IS a different way for all artists to be heard, and for all listeners to connect and hear their efforts.  It's going to be interesting to see how this is embraced by both artists and listeners.
HomeKit will run just fine with anything that can run iOS 8.1 and Apple TV v7 - that would be the third (current) generation Apple TV. Apple clearly has a vision of what is wants (which I hope is aligned with mine), and I'm fine if they must wait a bit until it is fully baked. Better to have something that is "wow" when it comes out, rather an an incremental "meah". Content is a tough nut to crack. A whole lot of high margin dollar content has many fingers clutched...
So now the picture is clear - all future devices will have only a single USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 cabling http://www.macworld.com/article/2929798/thunderbolt-3-to-work-over-usb-c.html
And today there is this in the SFGate (San Francisco's online journal):   http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Two-ex-Google-execs-just-gave-negative-6299544.php
One iPhone complication that I would like to see is a place to put my name and contact info on the lock screen. I do this now by editing my lock screen photo (very handy if the iPhone is ever lost of stolen). On my Macbook Pro found an old Macworld article on how to add that to the sign on screen. It has already been returned once, thanks to that notice.