or Connect

Posts by Spiffy1

Not everyone has a choice of jobs or where they live. Just entitled children like you who have time to bitch about others sense of entitlement. Handsets should be untied from carriers, that's just fair for the consumer.
I always get the feeling that Windows is intentionally screwing up Safari.Aside from that, Safari is okay. But it does get bogged down if too many windows are open for too long on a Mac, let alone PC. Firefox is okay. It reminds me of a circus or a carnival with lots of pretty rides and miscellaneous BS attached to it. Sort of detracts from the core browser experience, although I'd take it over IE any day.I was forced to use a PC for a few months while traveling and I...
It shows what's currently "hot", as it were. Reflecting current trends. I'm sure what's "hot" changes day to day depending on a myriad of factors. It would be cool to see a time-lapse video over several days...
You hit it on the head. I have my MBP, but bought an Acer Aspire One for travel to Africa this past winter. That sucker has more ports than I know what to do with. It rocks! I'm going to turn it into a Hacintosh. I'm really happy to see the SD slot and the FW800. Those are two things that I use regularly, but on my two diff lap tops.
Saran wrap might leave some melty type residue. Try a shag rug or a big cotton sweat shirt instead!
Installed the firmware update. Ran a little stress test by downloading a bunch of stuff from iTunes, running a bunch of other apps, screen saver and some other stuff. This would usually make my MBP hot to the touch. Now it's just balmy warm. The GPU has dropped down to ~73C from it's usual ~80C under similar circumstances, BUT the fans are now running at a steady 5000+ rpm which is a bit noisy. Not really digging the fan noise, but I guess it's okay for now... \
If you have an affected MBP, run software update! (same as discussed above) You will see... ---------------- MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update version 1.3 "This SMC Firmware update adjusts the fan behavior in MacBook Pro systems (15-inch and 17-inch) when running under high workload conditions. The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to...
If you have an affected MBP, run software update! (same as discussed above) You will see... MacBook Pro SMC Firmware Update version 1.3 "This SMC Firmware update adjusts the fan behavior in MacBook Pro systems (15-inch and 17-inch) when running under high workload conditions. The updater application will be installed in the /Applications/Utilities folder and will launch automatically. Please follow the instructions in the updater application to complete the...
Every heard of the "System Profiler" app that comes with every single mac? Under the Apple Menu, select "About this mac", then hit the "More Info..." button, then select the "Graphics/Displays" option from the left window pane."Suspect" MBP + 8600 = bad chip = eventual failure (It's a good bet that all 8600's are defective since this problems seems to apply across the whole industry.)Also, you can install a widget such as "iStat Pro" to see what temperature your GPU runs...
Such broad, sweeping generalizations. You've got to stop listening to Rush. The fat bastard is rotting your little Republican pea brain...