or Connect

Posts by penchanted

My guess is that future media events are hosted by Phil Schiller. Cook will come onstage to go over any financial or other milestones. Then they will trot out the appropriate Sr. VP based on the product (Forstall, Serlet, Mansfield). If a new product design is involved Ive (or his replacement) comes onstage or they roll a video (which they have routinely done in the past).I like Cook a lot, but I think that Apple would be making a mistake if they try to have him fill Jobs'...
My concern with any appearance by Jobs is that that will become the news rather then the new iPads. Apple likes to make sure the spotlight is on the products they announce.
I doubt Apple will lower the price for the iPad 2. For starters, there really is not any price competition at the current time. They are better off just taking the extra margin. And I assume they want to add a "retina display" as soon as possible, maybe as early as this fall. That display will be expensive and Apple would then need to turn around and raise their prices. Better to leave them where they are now.
That's 0.4% per device. Since Samsung, LG, HTC and others are likely to release multiple devices, they would have a higher share as a competitor.
Buying a music business would be more about control than margin, very similar to Comcast's purchase of NBC-Universal. Apple owning even EMI (the smallest of the majors) would force every other label with intentions of offering more than their own catalog online to reciprocate with iTunes. I am not sure that it makes sense in terms of margins or corporate culture issues but it is something that Apple might consider. As far as Apple becoming an MVNO, the numbers I find...
highly doubt this. If you want Java, you will download the most current VM from Oracle.
I bet this is part of Wednesday's presentation. It will be good to finally have RH in iBooks.
But they are not affordable to many in the BRIC countries or Africa. These are places where Nokia currently does well with feature phones. If Apple could come to market with something better than what is currently offered in these places, there is a lot of money to be made, just in smaller increments.
Geez. Carriers with enough integrity (or a government mandate) that prevents them from collecting on a debt in perpetuity. Be nice to see that here in the US.
I've tried to get discussion started on this without much success in this thread:http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=117102 A few things come to mind for me. Apple could buy Warner Music Group and/or EMI (which are both on the market) to secure music content. The obvious disadvantage is that it makes Apple a competitor for other content partners and it is a very different business with a different corporate culture. I would not say this is impossible but it is...