or Connect

Posts by penchanted

Yes, I am. Why are you assuming they cannot?
Or, as I said in the other thread, Apple opens sales into additional markets. They have already said they plan to do this although we have no further details.
This assumes no additional markets are opened. Additional markets will likely add both to sales and channel inventory (unless sales outstrips supply).
I agree that the availability of iPhones in gray market shops does not prove great international demand for unlocked iPhones. However, the (admittedly anecdotal) number of people using iPhones where they are not yet offered does attest to some demand for unlocked iPhones and helps to account for the "missing" iPhones. The "missing" iPhones is some combination of channel inventory (which appears to be inline), iPhones sold into legitimate markets but not yet activated and...
These units are, in fact, sold which is why the discrepancy between the number of units sold/shipped and the activations have come into question. If Apple provides extended terms, those units are still sold and reflected in Apple's financials as account recievable. Even if Apple has stuffed the channel, those units would be sold on Apple's books.In Apple's case, product enters the gray market by either being sold to a customer at an Apple store (including online), being...
I never said that Apple had a stock buyback program. I simply said that stock buyback programs do little to nothing to fix the actual problems a company might be having; the programs just prop up the stock price. What in your lengthy laundry list of complaints would be fixed if Apple started buying its stock back?Another question I have is why are you still holding Apple stock given your dissatisfaction with so many of its corporate decisions and the fact that you could,...
Nah, he just sounds like someone who bought Apple at $180 and needs to vent. It's pretty remarkable that someone would lay the blame for the current market problems at Apple's doorstep given the prior huge meltdown in the financial services sector. Were people really buying into the crap that these problems would not necessarily spill over into the consumer market. Apple's drop is partly a correction to the mindless inflation of its stock price (I got a laugh out of the...
Why do you use loaded terms like "sensible, useful products"? As I previously said, I know 2 people who have already purchased the MBA. One is a lawyer and the other a sales executive and the MBA's thinness means that they can easily carry some of their other required paperwork (e.g., contracts). A unit with smaller x and y dimensions does absolutely nothing to address their needs yet you suggest their choice is neither sensible or useful.Why is it that people cannot...
Actually, we do know that some Mac users opt for PC laptops when they can find no offering from Apple that matches their needs: several posters in this very thread (and others) have commented on their EEE-PCs (I know this is yet a different class of computer but it still disproves your point) and other small laptops. Some of these primarily Mac users will now have a Mac for their consideration if weight was a primary consideration. But you are looking at Apple's...
In Japan, likely. But those same compact notebooks that fare so well in Japan have not been received very well in America. The primary complaints are the cramped keyboards and, to a lesser extent, the small screens. Apple is betting that the MBA form factor will appeal to Americans. If it does well in Japan and elsewhere, this will be a bonus. Quite frankly, I would be disappointed if Apple could deliver nothing different from what has already been tried.Many of those in...