or Connect

Posts by penchanted

I have mentioned in several posts my concern about Ive leaving Apple, mostly in the context of him leaving if Jobs was not there. But knowing that he bought the house in England a while back, I have suspected that he wanted to return. It is easy to understand that he would prefer to have his kids receive a British education. I hope they can work out some arrangement to keep Ive on-board at Apple but it will be difficult - Apple's design process is likely very organic...
I expect the iPod event to become an iPod/aTV event. It would be a great time to also announce content deals although I would generally prefer content be announced as soon as it is available. It will be interesting to see how much further erosion there is in iPod sales over the next year. I think Apple has its product lines set for the next 2-3 years so I don't really expect a major new product to scramble the product contributions, providing very clear visibility to...
It does make some sense to move iPad launches to the iPod event especially as iPods lose their appeal to other mobile devices like the iPhone. However, I think that Apple's current strategy of spacing out their product announcements may be the better model - allowing each product some time in the spotlight. I do think there is a chance that there will be a Retina Display iPad this fall (a one-time event) but I think it appears as a premium model which not only offsets the...
Intel is having some kind of press event to talk about Light Peak. I think Apple is leaving it to them to provide the basics. I doubt Apple's implementation strays much Intel - maybe just the connector.
But what happens when a customer who previously subscribed at the publisher site uses the in-app feature to "renew" his subscription. How would Apple even know that he was an existing customer of the publisher?
I agree that the response seems to suggest that re-upping a subscription previously purchased from the publisher has no revenue share with Apple. Unfortunately, I believe that Apple will get their cut if you purchase in-app. I think what they are suggesting is that an app can provide its own authentication for use with publisher subscriptions. The wording was very vague and I do not think it was meant to truly clarify Apple's position which I suspect is still being sorted...
Apple committed to spending that $1B over a number of years. They are apparently building a second DC and have bought land for office space across the street. http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...s_changes.html
While I agree with some of what you say, your constant obsession with Jobs' lack of a college degree (you have previously referred to him as a "college dropout") is just a bunch of blather. You give little to no credit to his innate skills which have served him better than many an MBA's.
I think most of the design concepts you mentioned were, in fact, sprang from the mind of Jonathan Ive. Yes, Steve endorsed these design concepts and encouraged going the extra step but I doubt the ideas themselves came from Jobs. I do worry that Ive might choose to leave a Jobs-less Apple.
I think much of the movement in Apple's stock price over the last week revolves around a fairly continuous negative narrative relative to Apple's in-app purchasing and the way that they are dealing with partners. As a stockholder, this is what has me worried. People have been rather glib when considering the impact of the loss of major App Store partners but this actually worries me. What is so funny is that many of the "Apple is right" posters have in the past agreed with...