or Connect

Posts by penchanted

More of Google's "Do no evil" disinformation mantra exposed
Apple needs to tell Foxconn two things: 1) Get the Brazilian facility online and at capacity ASAP; 2) Find another country for additional IOS production. Note that the latter should not be presented as a threat to the Chinese government, it is simply a risk management move to minimize exposure to problems like this or other catastrophic issues (like an earthquake in China). If located in India, the supply chain would not even be lengthened as much as it is to Brazil.
The thing is that getting the product to the store is not under his remit - that is part of operations. His job will be running the stores. I would have much preferred that they hire someone with higher-end retail experience (e.g., a Harrod's executive) than someone who seems to have little to offer other than some experience in consumer electronic sales. Hopefully, the "tone" of the Apple Stores is set and not something he will be allowed to tinker with.
This was my immediate reaction. Tesco and Dixons? Really? A technology retailer? Will he want to turn the Apple stores into copies of the Microsoft stores? Just doesn't seem like the right fit. But then, I suppose many might have had misgivings about Ron Johnson coming from Target (although Target has had good advertising and merchandising for years). I guess we will have to wait and see what this change brings about but I have an ominous feeling that Apple will be looking...
Apple needs to pull its component purchases from Samsung ASAP. This is going to be a long knock-down, drag-out affair and there is no reason to help Samsung pay its legal bills.
And losing two weeks of sales. I think the new approach is much better for Apple and for recent purchasers.
You forgot to mention the reduced battery life once the Xoom gets Flash.
Where are you coming up with that? It was long ago dispelled that the paid upgrades were tied to carrier contracts.
That was one of the first things I thought when watching the event.
Yes it did.http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-update1-.html