or Connect

Posts by penchanted

A retina display model at twice the resolution would not be a huge "fragmentation" - this is what they did for the iPhone 4 and it worked fine. The developers would need to rework their graphical elements to optimize for the new screen but things would still work pretty well. I will lay this out a slightly different way. I believe that all the engineering for a Retina Display iPad has already been done because I think that is what Apple hoped to ship this release. Due to...
They would need more RAM to accommodate a frame buffer four times larger and would probably want a more powerful GPU as well (although the current GPU could have been selected with the idea of a Retina Display in mind).
I think that Apple wants the iPad to be like the iPod rather than the iPhone in terms of its marketshare. I think they are prepared to move quickly to protect their lead in this space and, depending on cost and availability, will make a decision this summer.
He missed the part of the presentation where Jobs talked about technology intersecting the liberal arts and humanities.
Any company with any smarts peddles what they have, not what they will have.
Class action suit on what basis? But if Apple needed some wiggle room they could correctly claim that their fiscal year ends 9/2011 and could announce in October - the first month of the 2012 fiscal year.
I'm assuming you meant semiannual. Macs are certainly not on a rigid 12-month refresh schedule.
Supposedly, yes.http://www.9to5mac.com/54157/apples-...tails-revealed
From what I've read, Apple will continue to provide Java SE6 for both Snow Leopard and Lion (perhaps as a separate download or install). Java SE7 will be available directly from Oracle.http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...e_rosetta.html
It seemed to me that they purposefully engaged more than their usual presenters. It was not at all strained but it really, to me, drove home the point that Apple has many capable and enthused team members.