or Connect

Posts by penchanted

I think that Dick Applebaum is going to be one happy camper.
I wonder if Jobs got this deal done while he was on leave. He said he would be involved in strategic stuff while on leave and getting RH into the IBookstore is a pretty big deal.
I thought he looked pretty good but then I didn't expect that he was going to have some amazing transformation in a mere six weeks. People need to accept that he will likely always be thin the rest of his life due to his illnesses and their treatment. I'm hoping Apple puts the event up soon as that will give a better indication of his energy level.
I was pretty surprised at Jobs' presence. I thought Apple might be concerned that Jobs would be the news instead of the new iPad. It looks like he did another stellar presentation - hopefully, it will be available soon. I think the MobileMe announcements might come next month. They announced that the NC data center would not be operational until spring. Assuming they get things up-to-speed there in April, I can see a late-April/early-May announcement - conveniently between...
There are plenty of things that Apple could add to improve the device over time. However, I think the focus for the next release after iPad2 will be a high-res display - nothing would stand out more in a side-by-side comparison at Best Buy. People would look at the iPad's screen and say "I'll take that". And, with its ability to prepay, Apple could tie up most of the production so that competitors would not be able to offer a competing product.
That 6.5M in the first quarter includes sales of the current iPad.
I doubt you will ever see Apple do designer editions. They may offer premium products with better specs but that is about it.
Almost enough to make a guy want to go shopping with his lady.
Apple has chosen to address enterprise sales and support using a third party (Unisys). This approach works better then Apple trying to tailor its operations to deal with the enterprise.
You are right. Java SE6 will be available from Apple for Lion. After that, Java SE7 will be available from Oracle:http://www.appleinsider.com/articles..._mac_os_x.html