or Connect

Posts by penchanted

So, apparently you missed this:http://gizmodo.com/5035456/blue-scre...torch-lighting
"Could be, should be, would be" also summarizes your many attacks on most anything iPhone. If you have an authoritative source regarding iPhone 3G problems, please share it with us.As stated above, Ny Teknik thinks the problem relates to a manufacturing issue which negates your "basic radio design is all about testing, testing, testing." This points to a QA problem in one of the iPhone supplier plants. Has Nokia had no QA missteps thoughout its history? You continually...
At this point, we all have the same proof - NONE. Each of us could write a book about what we don't know about the technical issues involved with the iPhone's problems. What we do have is a whole lot of conjecture.Are you sure extended testing would have identified the problem" It's only speculation but the Ny Teknik report also suggested that the problem was introduced in mass production which could mean that it was not a design flaw as inferred by your "3G 101 problems"...
http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post...-displays.html
Do you have an authoritative source documenting this as a chip issue and, if so, which chip? I've seen some speculation by a financial analyst, Richard Windsor of Nomura, who said "The dropped calls, service interruptions, and abrupt network switches experienced by iPhone 3G users reminded Windsor of similar complaints five years ago, when 3G phones were first launched in Europe" and suggested the faulty component was an "immature" infineon chipset. This is certainly not...
Where in the keynote did Jobs guarantee that 3G would be universally available?One could make the argument that Apple is as much a victim as the complainant if the problem is that ATT overstated their 3G coverage in areas. Perhaps this is part of the reason that Apple must now rework the 3G iPhone firmware.Using your logic, Apple should be unwilling to sell the iPhone to anyone in Vermont, Nebraska, Idaho and countless other places because someone residing/working there...
Have you contacted Apple? ATT? Visited an Apple Store?
The economic injury is the part of the suit that seems to be overreaching to me. I can understand the monetary damage claims for the cost of the handset and, possibly, ATT service. Then again, I am no lawyer.
More like must avoid TV. I can only imagine the boring minutia that these kinds of suits entail.
I agree that there is a problem which Apple needs to address. And Apple has issued two updates to the firmware and Jobs promised yesterday that a further fix would be coming in September. Of course, the plaintiff and her attorneys (and, no doubt, other) had no way of knowing Apple's future plans because Apple has been silent. On the other hand, I can see where Apple's speedier acknowledgement of a problem would have seen countless more suits already filed.As is the case in...