or Connect

Posts by penchanted

That's just silly! Since when is "having millions" reason to turn down a better-paying job. He took off a year between jobs which would satisfy his non-compete agreement with Apple. If he is suspected of using Apple trade secrets to help Palm, we will likely see some legal action from Apple. Respect? Loyalty? Apparently you still work for your first employer.
Sprint's predicament is summed up pretty well in the following:http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/24/te...er=rss&emc=rssThe article discusses several other aspects of Palm's challenge including building out their App Catalog.
As another poster commented earlier, I think Apple will add a custom chip that enhances performance in future OS upgrades. This reduces the benefit of buying clone hardware even at a lower price. It would also encourage some existing Mac users to upgrade their equipment sooner to get the maximum benefit of owning a Mac. And it would allow existing Mac owners to run the new OS without whatever benefit the chip provides. As you suggest, they could make the chip mandatory...
You cite margins of 34.7% in the other article. Which is correct?
Sounds more like the ranting of someone fired for incompetence or, more likely, not even hired by Apple. Rather than acknowledge any possible personal shortcomings (including mental health issues), he tries to demonstrate both his moral and technical superiority compared to us computer illiterates.
It will be interesting to see if Apple chooses to participate at CES in 2010. CES attendance has been trending lower. Apple is well-situated in the Silicon Valley with an eager tech journalism industry anxious to scoop one another. I think Apple can get great coverage using media events (both large and small) to make announcements.
People have ignored the continuing decline in tradeshows for some time. 2008 Macworld Expo attendance was up but attendance was down at both CES(-9%) and CEDIA(-14%). NAMM attendance was up but NAB was down. Interop is doing well but people forget that this is a consolidated show which includes the former COMDEX show. Apple has assiduously built an alternative means to engage potential buyers when they are most ready to part with their money and without any reliance on a...
Since Pystar's dismissed counterclaim is also the basis of its defense, I doubt there is much chance of Apple losing their original suit.
I really do think it would be great if Mac users visit these booths to submit "I'm a Mac" entries thus driving up the cost for Microsoft to obtain useable "I'm a PC" material. On the other hand, we don't want long lines drawing attention to these booths.
You have given a fine example of why someone might seek redress from AT&T. But how does Apple fit in with these lawsuits? It's funny because Apple, rather than AT&T, seems to be the primary focus of these suits which seem to be AT&T deployment and capacity issues.