or Connect

Posts by penchanted

That's not quite true. If the iPhone meets the performance standards but does "not perform at the same level as another 3G phone", it is simply not the best-performing phone. That hardly means it is failing.
I agree that Apple should be making refunds for those who request such. I think this announcement suggests that Eddy Cue has had the opportunity to assess the situation with MobileMe and has determined that it will be closer to 90 days before we see MobileMe working as advertised. From what has been said about Mr. Cue, this is very much his style - no quick fixes but a systematic approach that will deliver on Apple's promises.
Just got an email from Apple stating that they are extending MobileMe subscriptions an additional 60 days to compensate members for ongoing problems. Not as good as a fix but at least acknowledges the continuing problems.
So by this definition, the LG Dare and Samsung Instinct are marketed as cellphones rather than smartphones. I guess people like paying extra for a phone to just make calls.
I am not sure why you think that Apple is marketing this as a cellphone rather than a smartphone when the ads I've seen all highlight "surfing twice as fast", "finding your way twice as fast" and "downloading twice as fast". Were it not for the closing shot of accepting a call (without any corresponding voiceover), it would be easy to think this is just an internet device rather than a cellphone. Apple has thus far exerted little public effort to compete directly in the...
Newflash for ouragan: The SEC has already cleared Steve Jobs of any wrongdoing Why would he be fined or penalized in any manner for something where he has no culpability according to the investigators? And, NO, Ms Heinin is not "going to sing." If she intended to point the blame elsewhere, she would have done so by now. She is a very different person than Fred Anderson, and I suspect that her long-standing relationship with Jobs (going back to the early days of NeXT) makes...
You make a good point if Apple offered its employees no cost-of-living adjustment. However, your numbers conveniently overlook that Apple's increased profits and cash resulted, at least in part, from increased sales which were not necessarily built on the backs of existing employees: Apple expanded it own retail operations adding both stores and head count as well as growing third-party retailers. It also offered new products which expanded sales opportunities.
I am typically ambivalent about DED/PM reviews. I fully expect that an Apple enthusiast site like AI will probably be too forgiving of Apple product shortcomings but I guess I figure this just more-or-less evens out the equally overly harsh reviews found elsewhere. And DED's pieces do often pull together some of the "big picture" aspects that often get overlooked in a checklist review. But I do not like like the way Apple's competitors are denigrated. It's fine to compare...
Thanks, I forgot to back the base out of my calculations I really should have caught that when comparing the 118% v -13.9%). But I think the main point that Apple's stock has demonstrated much better performance over Microsoft's remains intact.I will fix it in my original post to avoid future confusion.
That's one way of looking at it. But a more telling indication is looking at the growth rate of the stock.Since Jan 6, 1995, MSFT has gone from 3.775 to 25.44 for increase of 574% while AAPL has gone from 10.50 to 156.66 for an increase of 1392%.Over the past year MSFT has gone from 29.54 to 25.44 for a negative growth -13.9% while AAPL has increased from 132.90 to 156.6 for an increase of almost 18%. Seems to me that the market is looking away from MSFT in terms of future...