or Connect

Posts by penchanted

I am guessing that what you really meant to say is "that uses Macs exclusively" since it is pretty common knowledge that Macs are often found in Fortune 500 businesses. This is just more of your hyperbole.By the way, here is at least one auto dealership which is using Macs:http://www.computerworld.com/action/...ticleId=298043Added: Here are some additional links that relate to Macs in...
You should be a bit more careful when you take others to task for providing accurate backup. The 2.11% market share you cited was apparently the market share shown for Windows 2000 shown in the graph. The graph shows Mac OS market share for June 2008 at 2.69% but the first paragraph states:Then you gloss over the major point being made which is that Mac OSX is growing at a significant rate while Windows is losing market share:Then again, I am not sure what to make of an...
Heard from whom? Someone credible or just something you've read somewhere online? Remember that your response helps us decide how credible your future posts might be.
I'd like to believe that, but can easily envision much clamor that Apple's prosumer tower is overpriced and that argument used as the justification for using Apple's IP without their permission. The truth is too many people want the ability to determine what the manufacturer/retailer can charge. They do not have this right. They do have the right to determine that they are unwilling to pay the asking price and find a suitable substitute. I'll leave it for each individual...
The Nevada Test Site is in the Mojave desert which extends from SoCal's high desert (where Patton trained his troops) through northwestern Arizona, southern Nevada and southwestern Utah. The fact that I know this suggests that I've made entirely too many trips on I-215.
I agree that it makes sense to use the appropriate tool for whatever the task is. However, it seems to me that your beef is with MS and their decision to pull support for VB from the Mac version of Office. Fortunately, they seem to have seen the error of their ways but I will wait to pass judgment until I see what they actually offer up in the next version.
So your argument is that Vista can be very stable when backed up by an IT professional. How comforting for most folks. Just kidding, but it is not much of an endorsement to say that a very experienced user is unlikely to have problems.For better or worse, the "I'm a Mac" ad campaign has been very successful for Apple and Microsoft has, in fact, tried to replicate it by comparing Vista to something they feel it beats. It just happens they are not yet comfortable in...
Clive- There is no premium for the DRM-free iTunes Plus songs. All basic track offerings on iTunes cost 99 cent price whether or not they are protected by DRM. I am not sure what leverage you think Apple has over the record labels. Don't forget that this is an industry whose history is rife with stories of payola and bullying small merchants and they seem about as stupid as they are not easily intimidated. Jobs made his case for DRM-free music (regardless if there were...
Interesting that none of the photos show the device in profile. I wonder if this thing is a brick.
Yeah, right. Anyone with something that amounts to even one-eighth of a pea brain should be able to figure out that no one (not even a store manager) would be able to address any policy issue, let alone an issue which is beyond the scope of retail or warranty in any way. The media should report on the lack of reasoning skills demonstrated by these idiots whose motives are questionable and whose tactics make even Greenpeace look like laggards. Now, if they want to go and...