or Connect

Posts by penchanted

If this list is correct, the biggest change appears to be replacing the former Balda touchscreen with a new unit from Sharp. I wonder if it will perform the same.
I find it interesting that some who decry Google taking a picture of their face or license plate on a public street (where courts have ruled they have no expectation of privacy) have no problem with a government listening in on their private communications (where courts have ruled that they do have a reasonable expectation of privacy). I have always thought that the following quote which was used as the motto on the title page of An Historical Review of the Constitution...
That's nice and all but it means that he brings nothing to the table with regard to Apple's hottest product which also points to their future direction. Given the rumors of much tighter integration between .Mac and the iPhone, does Schmidt also now recuse himself from .Mac/Apple online services discussions where his insight would be most beneficial? How about future conflicts as entertainment content providers?I am not alone in pointing out this growing...
Apple better be concerned about Android. Even if what we've seen so far represents a "best effort", the fact remains that it is running very well on third-party hardware and HTC, Samsung and others may design their hardware offerings to specifically take advantage of Android's capabilities. On another note, Apple needs to replace Eric Schmidt on its board to make sure that there is no appearance of conflict of interest. Apple and Google can still partner/cooperate on...
I don't expect this to happen in volume considering the current value of the dollar. I suspect that people will just buy here and risk unlocking.
I think that Apple's lack of response to Psystar is, in part, due to the fact that Apple plans to offer some sort of more-than-Mini, less-than-MacPro in the not-so-distant future. I think they have simply been waiting for adequate market-share growth combined with the continued strength in "switcher" sales to warrant the gamble. Unfortunately, I think many here will be moaning with whatever choice of trade-offs Apple chooses to bring to market.I know many users (both Mac...
One distinction is that, prior to the iPhone, many people complained about the UI/operation of their cell phones while far fewer people complain about the these issues with their TVs (except for remote controls). Other than improving the remote, it is much harder to see what Apple could bring to the table in TV design over other manufacturers.
There is no deadlock. As others have stated, the real value (the viewing of the movie) was stolen. People don't go to Blockbuster thinking they are going to rent some plastic disc, they go to rent the entertainment that is on the disc.
The studios are so desperate for an alternative to Apple and iTunes that they will go to almost any length to arrive at an irrational decision which prevents adding both revenue and profit to their income statement. Is it really any surprise the GE's entertainment unit (NBC/Universal) was once again one the the under-performers in last quarter's results?
This is an important distinction. Part of what defines a monopoly (in addition to controlling share of the market) is the lack of reasonable substitutes. I cannot imagine that Dell, HP, Microsoft or the Linux adherents are going to admit that their offerings are not a viable alternative to a Mac. They will, in fact, argue that you can do the same things using their offerings as you can do on the Mac - web surfing, email, word processing, spreadsheets, image processsing and...