or Connect

Posts by penchanted

Why? iMac sales were a huge contributor to the product mix last quarter and appear to be strong again this quarter.
I think this outfit may be on the wrong side of the law on several counts. First, by calling their product "OpenMac" they are likely already infringing on Apple's trademarks. Additionally, as previously mentioned, they likely need a reseller agreement of some type to avoid being considered the end-user. At any rate, Apple does have some say how there IP can be used. The monopoly argument is really kind of a stretch. Sure, Apple has a monopoly within Macintosh systems just...
The minute:second and seconds comparisons in the chart are inconsistent. For instance, the first row reports a minute:second time of 1:38 which is 98 seconds. It appears the conversion was based on a factor of 50sec/minute.
I think it is very unlikely that Apple will make an product announcement at a mini-concert which will not likely be covered by big media outlets. They will continue with their Tuesday roll-outs and, if they have something big, hold a media event (possibly with a live performance especially if the announcement is music-related).I am thinking the same thing. Interesting that Apple's music partner, Starbucks, already engages as a small-time label.
And yet, Apple's growth has outperformed the industry as a whole even as their ASPs have increased. Perhaps Apple is onto something: Simple sells. People who hang around these forums seem to not understand how differently they view technology than the vast majority of consumers. Call it a marketing triumph if you must but, in the end, what matters is what sells and, in that regard, Apple seems to be making very effective choices overall.
This will have little impact on Xbox 360 since the HD-DVD player is an accessory rather than being built-in. Expect Microsoft to quietly make a new Blu-Ray accessory in the no-to-distant future.
This is almost comical in light of current events. Yahoo is a company with no shortage of customers - #1 portal, #1 in email, essentially tied for #1 in IM, #2 in search and advertising and also a huge player in social networks (Flickr and del.icio.us) and yet its very existence as a separate company is threatened because its shareholders are unhappy.
According to a report at Fortune (http://apple20.blogs.fortune.cnn.com...of-mac-market/), Munster states in his research note:If this turns out to be accurate, the MBA will certainly do its job contributing to Apple's sales efforts (accounting for one-sixth of units sold of the six available Mac models). Yes its sales are lower than MacBooks and, likely, iMacs but contributing nicely to Apple's top line. As to the target market for the MBA, I know four people who have...
This has been my thought for quite some time and it amazes me that so many people on these forums want Apple to compete in thin-margin products. If it is true that many of Apple's products are for people with "more money than brains" as is frequently posted, then an economic downturn should effect Apple substantially less than a company looking to sell $500 PCs to people forced to choose basic living expenses over even a somewhat-required-these-days computer.
Not sure where you are getting your information but you are plainly incorrect. Microsoft's cash and short term investments totaled $21,076M as of 12/31/07. Their total currant assets were only $37,775M. You can review their balance sheet at http://finance.google.com/finance?fs...&q=NASDAQ:MSFT. At ~$7500M, their actual cash on hand is not even close to your $90 billion delusion. Additionally, their total cash and short-term equivalents are, at best, only equal to the cash...