or Connect

Posts by ZagMac

I'm not in the market nor am I disputing your statement. For me however, as a current iMac owner, the move to a MacBook/Pro would only come if I also had a satisfactory "home base" for it, including a larger monitor than on the machine. If I could afford to do all that, this new monitor seems a reasonable option (as I'm sure are countless 3rd party monitors that are available).
I'm a happy Apple TV user, though largely because of how well it displays/plays my music on my home theater. All the features everyone wants are pretty much what keep it from being an ideal option for tv or movies. All that said, I'd consider replacing with a Mini if I could figure out how to maximize all potential features. Seems like today's state of affairs would require EyeTV in order to "supplement" my cable DVR? Otherwise, seems like you get access to iTunes...
Something about this post makes me feel good. Maybe it's the lack of claims to know what every other reader wants. Maybe it's my lack of exposure to Kindle and its bretheren so that this is first thought I've given to business model of eBooks. Maybe I'm drunk? I don't know, but I'm rooting for you. But the book bag makes sense to me. I can't fit all my movies or music or tv on my Touch, so why would care if all my books were there?
Oh my. And if a new MacMini hits the scene maybe my home theater gets a massive upgrade in 2009. Goodbye fledgling AppleTV......
Can't we end all these hurt feelings & arguments and focus on something every reasonable Brit & Yank can agree on: Human beings who insert "like" into sentences where they don't belong ought to be put in prison. Oh, and anyone who makes noise when they chew gum. I can't prove it, but I believe this (growing) group of people is responsible for the current economic crisis. Mock them openly and often...
It remains to be seen how strong of a product HTC has built on Google's platform for T-Mobile's network. I think it will be a success in terms of sales and interest in future generations of Android devices. I think it is likely to fail to knock iPhone off top of everyone's wish-list. To me this isn't "failure", but since it is the measuring stick many will use it will seem that way. We'll see. SO fun to have new choices, though!
Awesome
This happened to 2 of my first 15 downloads. A quick hard drive search for the title recovered it. Double-click played, and when I closed the show the "!" symbol that first identified the problem went away. Not sure why it happened, where the file went (I should have looked, but after selecting it worked I (perhaps stupidly) stopped worrying about it), or how to prevent. Not sure if you faced the frozen machine issues I did while downloading, but after I was forced...
On a 1 month-old iMac with blazing fast connection, I had a less than perfect experience last night. Purchased The Office Season 4 in HD, and watched as machine froze 6 times en route to downloading all the files. Seemed to straighten-out once I disabled simultaneous downloading and let iTunes focus on 1 at a time. So happy Pam is back in my life...
I would, too. My primary phone requirement is size. Can't stand my phone being iPhone size, Blackberry size, Google phone size, etc. I envision always having a Touch to meet my movie, tv, music, game & email needs (bascially a tiny, lovely tablet) as well as a small mobile. Now if that small mobile happened to be a NanoPhone? Chub-city.... But not holding my breath for this to happen....