or Connect

Posts by ZagMac

can someone explain to me why so many iTunes reviews writers record their opinion then close with "Click YES if you agree!". Isn't the option users have to click Yes/No in response to how helpful the review was? Do people really respond to these things the way writer intends? And if so, why does either party do what they do? Am I just out of touch with the kids these days? Is constantly making spelling and grammar errors now a sign of intelligence instead of a sign...
Short Term = Lots of initially excited end-users who will quickly become frustrated by all the "little things" broken (or non-existent) in iPhone's handling of various email, calendar, contacts, tasks, & to-do's compared to mature Blackberry options. Long Term = RIMs rapid demise triggers the long-inevitable conversion of Canada into U.S.'s 51st state Or maybe not. What the hell do I know?
I see lots of developers on here, and I'm not one of them. I'm simply a consumer who has spent more $$$ with Apple than any other company in past 6 years (thoguh if I bought my gas from a single gas company they'd have that title) I tend to root for Apple to built the best, be the best, win, etc. And as that consumer I now feel myself rooting for Android to deliver a fantastic option. I don't fear iPhone going away, so favor strong competition to keep propelling...
Proved my ineptitude by posting same thing twice. Can't figure out how to delete altogether, so replacing with this sad admission of my skillz...
Having spent the 1st month of MobileMe on the sidelines after iMac died 6 days before launch (and that was probably a good thing), I feel lost. It is an acceptable trade-off to now have a shiny metal new Mac. But I now need someone's help. Short version of my set-up: iPod touch that I have configured to MobileMe/.Mac Mail; also have work MSFT Exchange, which has been configured via ActiveSync on touch to sync just Outlook Calendar & Contacts. Flawless and beautiful on...
Why is this statement being made? What value is there in comparing a carrier's gross adds to another carrier's devices sold? At best, if the ending adjunct was that "large portion of which were bought by NEW customers" there would be a still-broken attempt to compare apples to apples. But since it does not say that, a point is trying to be made without any accurate supporting information. Though when all said and done, boy I sure do wish TMO had the iPhone. Won't ever...
I second that emotion. I do feel (slightly) better now that I have fuller picture of the evolution of the iTools (had never even heard of it, joining the Mac ecosystem in mid 2003), .Mac & MobileMe. I guess things come and go based on functionality and useage. But I still want my iCards back, Goddammit (Wow, thought the emotional impact of the loss was out of my system until that last word typed itself....)
It saddens me to agree. But to have done enough research in the wireless space to know that the comment knocking T-Mobile's poor coverage is rubbish made me question the dozens of other statements I did not have similar background to confirm. So I am left with a lengthy articel about a product from my favorite company that is ultimaely worthless. Too bad, since so much of it seemed in the know to my eyes.
Yes! Am I the only one stuck without admin rights on a Windows machine at work running IE6 that is now unable to access email? Death! No laundry list of "Web 2.0 improvements" can replace the basic function of email that I require. I'm not technical at all. Can anyone help me understand why there is not an option of some sort to access email from an IE6 machine? At least I realize it was pointless for me to fret over webmail being down for several days when MobileMe...
Good point. I tend to also mock people who have been raised to think it is ok to make noise when they chew gum, or interrupt their own spoken sentences to insert drivel such as "like" or "you know". Clearly I have issues to address. On a more topical to the tthread front: anoyone else stuck with IE 6.0 at work and a locked-down PC (can't load IR 7.0) so that they are now unable to access .Mac/.Me account from work as before? I'm sad....