or Connect

Posts by ZagMac

Seems like Apple took a conservative approach on this one, which is good. And even though my assumption is they've built a strategy on how to move forward once format choice became clear, I don't imagine this is a train that they can just move on a dime. IF they have used 2008's events to lock-down their choice to include Blu Ray optical, I wonder how long it will take to see them announced/for sale? Can't say I care too much on this one (may care more if no option...
Just when I think I'm playing with the smart kids when it comes to my family of Apple products, advancements like the Mac Air and all of its "remoteness" come along. I am immediately humbled by how confusing I find it all to be. Not that I'm rushing right out to buy one, but if I did they'd get my money for the add-on drive, even though I would technically have zero use for one. Why, oh why, am I so intrigued by all these toys but so incompetent at moving past the...
As much as I enjoy the benefits of Apple's success in a variety of areas, I'm always torn when hearing about threats to their dominance. Do I benefit more from increased competition or from Apple being the big bully on the block? Would I pay less for iTunes+ music I buy if not for Amazon? Doubt it. Would the Touch I crave already cost less if Zune was not a poor-selling, dismissed device? Possibly. Bottom line: I kind of like these challenges, especially when they...
I'm years away from an iPhone purchase, if ever. at&t never gets my business again. And if T-Mobile ever carries an iPhone, I would need it to be a much smaller future generation model. I carry my phone everywhere, so size matters. While I'm thrilled Apple has entered the mobile business and look forward to all the great things they'll do in years to come, I don't consider the current iPhone an option, regardless of carrier. So for me, the Touch is the only reasonable...
Cingular bought AT&T Wireless. Then SBC, co-owner of Cingular, bought AT&T (the old, original that no longer had a wireless carrier since they had divested AWS into it's own company several years before). They decided to keep the AT&T name as the combined company's new name (rare). They then bought out Bell South, who they had co-owned Cingular with. And as a result, the whole thing is called at&t. So it only seems to you like AT&T is the buyer, since that is the name...
I haven't read the Wiki article, but there are a couple of things not quite right in this summary. AT&T Wireless was not a small player in wireless. While they were no longer the biggest company when Cingular acquired them (not really a merger, Cingular bought them once they reached a point where cash would run out within 12 months), as they once were, they were a national player with 20+ million customers. Without detailing info most couldn't care less about, I can...
[QUOTE=4metta;AT&T pricing still sucks though. They are a ripoff. When they were Cingular the customer service was a nightmare too down here. Hope it's better now that AT&T bought them out.[/QUOTE] at&t didn't buy anybody out. While the facts about the AT&T Wireless, Cingular, SBC, AT&T, SoiuthwesternBell, et all evolution may not matter to your opinion of service provided by any of the (insufferably countless) versions, incorrectly referring to a purchase that never...
HD is mentioned in the article, but I've no idea how that works. Anyone more familiar? I need to supplement my HD DVR Cablebox, but am always spinning round and round on whether I should try to run cable/tv/recording into my iMac, or move to an HD Tivo. Regradless, Comcast is worthless. My needs are: iTunes compatibility (whether native or using additional conversion doesn't matter much to me-my volume would be relatively low) for iPod and AppleTV use, increased drive...
Can't wait for your new store. Hope this review helps you compete with the big boys... Can't resist adding my 2-cents on Amazon store, since I know many have not yet tried it. It does what it is advertises, but does nothing to inspire me to want to keep using it. A simple download takes care of routing purchases into iTunes, so at least Bezos got that right. And the quality of music seems fine (in 4 purchases I've not had any incorrect songs as posted here-lucky me!). ...
Since the mighty mouse was brought up.... Anyone know a reasonable way to clean the mighty mouse's scroll button? Apple's guidance did nothing (correct that: when I vigorously rubbed it over a damp towel until I cramped up, it went from only scrolling down to only scrolling up). I'm not in the camp that hates the mighty mouse (and I'm too tired today to speculate or care why that makes me flawed), but I'm disappointed that it is now dirty and can't be pulled apart for...