or Connect

Posts by ZagMac

I agree it's odd. Unless present in a software update I haven't paid attention to in past 60 days (realized in thinking about all this it has been about 2 months since fired-up the 'ol Apple TV), it has been an ommission. I keep asking Apple Store employees if they know how, since they all seem a little confused by the question, play with demo to realize what I'm saying and then ask everyone else in the store. I keep my hopes high that one of them will stumble onto...
Sure it does. But limited in controls and completely lackiong the interface on my tv. From across the room it doesn't do much. With a Harmony universal and APL TV, the whole set-up is seemless and beautiful. And in all honesty, being aware of that aspect was huge purchase driver for me. So I can't complain-I have exactly what I spent my money on and it does everything they said it would. But the reality after a good number of months is that I overspent. And I would...
Of course you are correct. Only one music video can be displayed at a time. I'm not sure if you're genuinely confused, or nitpicking my choice of words, but if it is the former I graciously apologize, appreciate the interest in the post and humbly offer an alternate way of describing the feature-set lacking on an Apple TV. When selecting music videos to play on the device, you can only play one of them, since Apple TV will stop after one and revert to menu. There is no...
Anyone else that bought an Apple TV feeling like they may have jumped the gun a little early? Yeah, I still use it often for listening to music over my home theatre. But, particualrly with my favorite The Office waving goodbye due to the NBA Universal fisaco, I don't do much in the video space any longer. Am I happy to have evolved past slapping my iPod into a cable and having no remote capability (Harmony universal remote works like a charm with Apple TV) when I want...
Just in case anyone cares, my ex said she was just thinking about me. Not really sure that'll translate into a "Jobs-$100-esque offer", but it sounds like a good start. What's the protocol if it does? Do I call Steve to thank him? Are flowers (for him, not her) an imasculating move? So much work..... Also, without listing all of them, kudos to all the posters who could acknowledge that the price drop is at the same time a non-issue and a potentially poor business...
Totally agree. When are people going to start realizing that they need to match the price they pay for something to value they will get out of it? Period. What something costs in a day, a week or a year has zero relevance. Yes, there is an emotional pull when the change happens. But what doesn't change is the assesment the person should have made at the time: Cost Vs. Perceived Value Does that mean you have to smile and be happy about it? Of course not. Especially...
So glad there is "iPhone" option now that doesn't require at&t. Converged phones are overrated in my opinion. Why give my money to Stan Sigman (remember what a fool he made of himself during first iPhone event???) and the Death Star when I can have great T-Mobile service on the cheap for calls and an iPod Touch to do oh so much more. Besides initial cool factor, who needs a giant iPhone (or Sidekick or Blackberry or Treo or etc.) with them when out on the town, at a...
And is anyone else suspicious that they do their inventory checks by calling up the stores and asking them questions? Doesn't take much coaching for a store manager to give whatever reply the mothership wants them to. Man, I wish I was smart enough to get paid to travel to malls and watch things happen.
Hoping to find a charitable soul who has some specific experience. I have used Handbrake for about 2 years, ever since adding iPod w/ Video to the mix. With introduction of AppleTV, I've run into a snag. I find that about 40% of the movies I rip to my iMac will not sync to iPod or AppleTV. THey appear in iTunes just fine, I can play them using it without any trouble. But they won't go into my devices. Worse, the iTunes settings make it appear as if they have, so I...
jrobe1111, can you provide more detail? I have had same issue as contained in this thread since Day 1. I've only ever viewed content from AppleTV HD, never via streaming. My issue is same as everyone else here. A visit to Apple Store in May resulted in every employee present consulting each other and concluding that continuous play of music videos is not possible at present. Why oh why does my favorite company let me down like this? I can't imagine how many music...