or Connect

Posts by BocaBoy

Does his device use the 30-pin connector or the new Lightning adapter? There has been a paucity of devices with Lightning connectors and I fear that only those users with older iPhones would be able to take advantage of this groundbreaking technology.
The Kindle Store already has a significantly better selection of books than iBooks, so all this does is force more users to Amazon. This doesn't have anything to do with DRM or Amazon would have to do the same thing. This is just Apple busting chops over the 100s of 1,000s who have jailbroken their phones.
Boy, do I feel dumb. The solution to this question is to click on the Airport icon, highlight (not click) the wireless connection, and turn off “Show Time Connected” from the flyout menu. Duh!! Sorry for the post, everyone!
Does anyone know how to defeat the time display next to the airport icon when connected to a Time Capsule? I think it's displaying the DHCP total lease time, but can't be sure. I don't see any option in Airport Utility or the Network pref pane to turn this off. The only option I see is to turn off the Airport display altogether. This time display only occurs when I'm connected to Time Capsule, which is the DHCP server on my network. Thanks.
I've been an Apple user since the Apple II+. There is definitely a change afoot in the culture. As evidence of that, I recently just upgraded to the new 15" MBP, and can't believe I've already had to return it for repair, where it is stuck awaiting parts. I'm upset with the fact that the computer is now broken as well as how Apple is treating this problem. In the past, this machine would have been hot swapped in order to benefit the customer. This is especially true for...
I think the new Windows ads are terrific. I'm a Mac user, but that doesn't translate into me being a Windows basher. Competition is what makes Apples strive to differentiate its operating system over Windows and Linux and, hopefully, excel. If it took this kind of public competition for Microsoft to realize that its audience was disenchanted with Vista, then I can only see that as a good thing. Some amazing things have been done for our world using the Windows OS....
I carry an iPhone and a Verizon 8130 Blackberry. There isn't any comparison on the coverage between the iPhone and the Blackberry, especially when EV-DO is compared to AT&T's 3G. Verizon has the best coverage, at least in South Florida, where I live. I also travel extensively in my job, and while this statement is anecdotal, Verizon consistently has better voice coverage, and Verizon and Sprint have better EV-DO coverage than AT&T with their 3G service. It's a shame that...
I'm a long-time Blackberry user who has now migrated over to an iPhone. One feature that isn't mentioned in reviews is the ability of a Blackberry to have a custom dictionary. It allows me to instruct the handheld to type Blackberry when I enter bb, or hardware if I type hw. On a small unit with a small keyboard, this feature is invaluable. I certainly hope that Apple exposes this feature as part of the core application stack and that someone develops the ability to...
Based on the last couple of weeks, Apple could use some stiff competition. The continuing unavailability of the 3G iPhone, the botched up launch of MobileMe, and the corporate-speak that Apple uses to not acknowledge that anything is awry is indicative of arrogance, not innovation. Maybe Microsoft isn't the company to do it. Maybe Google's Android OS will serve up some real competition to Apple. I have to say I sure don't like the way they've been behaving over the...
In reading this release, I don't see how this device would allow for missed turns or other driver error. I think the only real solution is a true GPS. Garmin announced the Nuviphone to be released later this year. (http://www8.garmin.com/buzz/nuvifone/) This has the potential to be the best implementation of portable GPS around. I have a Garmin Nuvi 660 and love the thing. I travel the US extensively and after using it for the last 2 years, I can't imagine life without...