or Connect

Posts by nagromme

"No warning was given for the removal.... Late last month, Google updated the YouTube Data API... and announced that older devices, including the second-generation Apple TV, would no longer be supported."   There could have been more warning I suppose, but there was warning. I don't blame Google--eventually technology has to march forward. And when it does, if it's Google technology, Apple alone can't make it work on legacy devices.
All it needs are enhanced multitasking (which we've already seen Apple has been working on) and a pro stylus (first-party option). It may not be the #1 mainstream model, but it will be a great tool. Hope it ships.
This is a problem technology CAN solve. Well, help a lot anyway. Body cameras are an example. This is another!
.Net aka Mono is a fantastic component of the excellent Unity game engine. I wouldn't mind seeing Visual Studio Code come to Unity for Mac--and I predict it's likely, since there have been a number of Unity-Microsoft initiatives recently announced.
I like that double-ended design; and still smaller than most USB drives.
Yes, tell me about these "sources."
So the point of this article was, "when ports improve it's a problem, because some people will need an adapter during the transition. To use my camera that still has the old port, I either needed an old-standard computer or a cheap adapter. But I didn't have an adapter yet. There are many users with legacy needs. Move to the future carefully, when you are ready, because there is a risk of adapters."   Though it sounds boring that way.
Safari share may catch up a bit on the desktop (er, laptop) now that Chrome has been revealed to be such a battery hog. (But I bet Google fixes that some day.)
It's the cheapest retina Mac, and the compromises are ones that won't matter in real-world use for most people (and note that most people wont frequent tech forums either). It also has an amazing trackpad. I'd say it is the BEST choice for most people. 60%? If the price of retina is too high, or your "portable" computing involves lots of cords hanging off, then an Air is a fine choice too. And if you need Pro performance, you know where to find that... But I'm a pro...
I know a few people (pretend to?) love to shed salty tears for the poor, harmless corporations who just want to assert their God-given rights over mere people, but Time-Warner is bad enough without joining an even worse company to be an even bigger monopoly! I was getting ready to leave T-W, and the other options here are pretty bad. I'd love not to have to.