or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Some percentage of people realize a new model is coming. Any world in which sales did not drop would be one crazy world. Plus, for better or worse, Apple didn't increment gradually, they waited for a big jump all at once. They're the oldest game in town%u2014until they're not anymore.
I'm not sure I'd call that "iOS connected" by any stretch. I already take photos of written notes often, and contrast-enhancement is indeed a useful step (which I wouldn't get a specific app for, I'd use Genius Scan or something). So, take iOS out of the picture. It's a neat memo board, I suppose.
 Yes, please. It's literally the only reason I ever occasionally launch Navigon anymore, since I no longer seem to drive away from cell coverage. (More often, I still don't use Navigon, I just refuse to get on the high way and let Siri throw a tantrum for 10 minutes before accepting that I'm going my own way...) This is an advantage of Google Maps that I forget about. If I didn't have Navigon, I'd occasionally use Google for this reason. (Currently, I use it for transit...
A camera on a really long, hovering, flexible, remote-controlled selfie stick IS a useful idea! It can't do what a conventional drone can do. A conventional drone can't do what it can do. Pick the right tool for the job--this looks like a great product for some uses. (The folding is awesome as well.)
Ah, DigitTimes. (But sometimes there's a kernel of truth behind a false rumor: it wouldn't surprise me if some of the newly-announced models SHIP later than others. Maybe the Pro and Mini could ship first, say, and Air 3 after 60 days or something. Especially if Force Touch or something complicates manufacturing. Although I have my doubts about Force Touch being possible at large sizes; I'd love to be wrong!) I don't think there's any lack of enthusiasm about iPads. I...
2.6% of Android users have the latest version? Let's double that number by 2017! Reach for the sky, Google! Or maybe not. I know Samsung loves my friends who buy a new Android phone every year or so, to escape the problems of the previous one and get the latest Android features they love to brag about (despite never actually getting on their current phone). Android hardware tends to be abandoned by the manufacturer before it's even paid off.
Designed to compete against? It's just a size. Designed to look like? Well, yes, but that's not new.
My policy on Mac, which I hope to replicate with iOS, is not a universal ad block that kills the paychecks behind content I want, but more targeted: - Block ads except from sites I frequent (gotta keep AI and others financially possible; I make this "whitelist" generously large, and a couple times a year make sure I add to it) - Block CERTAIN ads (popups/overs/unders when possible, click-bait like Taboola that pretends not to be ads) on ALL sites - Block all trackers...
Keep Sleep on the side. It makes the top edge seamless when it unexpectedly begins to sprinkle, and it's easier to hit. I too hit the Sleep button by accident when changing the volume... occasionally... during the first week. Rarely anymore. And the phone smartly ignores the Sleep button when you do that, so the annoyance is extremely minimal. I don't know how anyone can accidentally sleep the phone while clicking a volume-shutter. I try it and the photo gets taken every...
I don't get Apple. In certain products they throw away all standard legacy ports. And then they turn around and offer Jay Blahnik with an obvious HDMI port for a mouth.