or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Good! I shop at places that only take Discover (some deal worked out) and so it's the one card I prefer for the sake of a single monthly bill.
I'm excited to read the first hands-on reviews of these paper models!
We already knew they were paid--Cook and Bono said so at the event. What we didn't know is that the amount was undisclosed! Kudos to Time for digging that detail up. And here I was believing I knew the number....
Samsung astroturfers will no doubt say that volume and thinness (which their cheap plastic has not delivered) don't matter for easy pocketability, only length... because it's the only dimension they've gotten smaller. Of course the reverse is true. Even the biggest phone is not long enough to stick out of my pockets--not even close. But thinness in a pocket is important.
Big phones are awkward (a necessary trade-off--they're great in many ways too). At least Reachability is LESS awkward (and wastes the screen less) than Samsung's attempt at a "special one-handed mode." Reachability is ALWAYS available, not a special setting, yet is only visible during the moment you need it; and it maintains the full width of the display rather than looking like a mistake with Samsung's L-shaped black bars. As a one-handed phone devotee, it's a...
My interest in buying a wearable was 0 out of 10, especially after seeing everything else out there. My only interest in seeing this unveiled was technical curiosity: what would Apple do in a new category I don't care about? Now it's 7 out of 10. Give it a SOLID day battery--not 8-12 hours--and it would reach 8. No product will ever have the huge market of smartphone, but this IS a worthy new category after all. I'm hoping I can hold out for the second generation before...
I was cringing at Gruber's over-1080p prediction, even though some software clues pointed that way. Those kinds of super-high DPI are very difficult to detect when you're specifically trying--and impossible in actual use--whilt they BURN BATTERY and MEMORY and SLOW the GPU. A phone should not have an iMac screen shrunk small. Doing so is pure marketing by other companies, trying desperately to differentiate their near-identical products. I'm glad Apple stopped at 1080p!...
"U2 spokesman" has just stolen the crown from DigiTimes for Most Unreliable Source of Information. (P.S. Even though I have all the iTunes cloud options turned on, the album does NOT appear in my library, yet shows as Purchased in the store. I'm sure it will eventually appear--just pointing out that Boredumb is not wrong. It's not working the same for everyone instantly.)
They're going to play U2 softly while the audience finds their seats. It will be amazing!
No matter what it is, the blogosphere-and-tech-forums corner of the world will receive it just as poorly as every other time Apple has AGAIN failed to deliver time travel and perpetual motion. While the other 99% of the world loves it, and high sales follow :) (Apple didn't use the word "historic"--that's ABC selling their airtime for ad views.)