or Connect

Posts by nagromme

The more complete answers we get, the better. (And WAY better than we'll get from most phone-makers.) But this smells just a little like the typical twice-yearly "shocking scandals" about "if you give your iPhone to a stranger, and give them your password, and bring them snacks while they work and rub their feet, they might be able to get at your stuff!"
I'm glad these questions are being asked, and these details are being dug up. I hope I will also be glad when the answers emerge! It's always possible to improve.
Plenty of games with IAP are free. Forever. IAP can be highly optional. For example: ad removal, optional level packs, "cheat and unlock without trying just because I want the fun and not the challenge," etc. None of those are even gray areas. CONSUMABLE IAP (like in-game currency used to progress) is less clear-cut because it's a spectrum between "no need for it ever" to "really designed to push you into it again and again" (like Candy Crush). But consumable IAP is just...
 Cool--thanks!
Do you have to manually launch the app every time you drive? Or does data get tracked/passed invisibly in the background even if your phone is being used for other things (like music or voice navigation) instead?
An article scratched on the wall of a Chinese public toilet stated on Tuesday that upwards of 80% of Apple rumors are totally made up. Although everyday readers can usually tell the difference, popular blogs and media outlets are entirely lacking this ability. Citing multiple unnamed sources familiar with top-secret Apple plans and willing to leak them, the article noted that these fictions result in a combination of stock price shifts and clicks on shady banner ads.
Some third part app "indicates that Apple may be planning to integrate the tech into future iPads"???? The chain of evidence is short... and broken.
They Need to Get Rid of Tim Cook%u2122
I don't think that's where you want to go, Samsung My Samsung-loving friends are constantly without any phone at all because their battery is dead. They are always hauling (or forgetting!) car chargers, wall charges, cords, and external battery packs. The latest iOS 7 has brought spells (a few days long before the problem goes away for a few weeks) where my iPhone drains faster than it used to. Apple should (and can) fix that. But even on those worst days, I can keep...
When a cheap, plasticky, iPhone-3G-ripoff Samsung design creaks and flexes, it just means you're holding it wrong.