or Connect

Posts by nagromme

I support anyone who finds a use for the seventeen gazillion (some sources say up to nineteen gazillion) shipping containers that are sitting disused and rusting in massive mountains around the world. My city has several such mountains! What a waste.
White keyboard and mouse? Still? With the iMac, and Mac Pro, laptops, and Thunderbolt display and Mac Mini all being black (or silver-and-black at least) now? Long past time to make the external keyboards match the laptop keyboards. In silver-and-black.
And it's slower than the iPad to boot, while lacking the quality app selection! I love Kindle... on my iPad.
If the Podcasts app actually remembers your place and resumes properly when you pause a streamed (not downloaded to your library) podcast--even if the app has exited in the meantime--I will weep salty tears of joy. (Funny thing: when the Podcasts app first came out, tape reels and all, that worked fine! Hope it does again now.)
Correct, diz_geek. As Rogifan posted at MacRumors, here's a link to Apple's 2011 patent (one of several?) on this: http://www.patentlyapple.com/patently-apple/2012/08/apple-invents-mind-boggling-next-generation-smart-cover-with-multi-touch-flexible-display-solar-panels-built-in-keyboard.html That said, I think Apple will leave this kind of useful-but-slightly-awkward option to third parties like Logitech (who also beat Microsoft to market with the idea).
"Essentially, if you own a case for prior versions of the iPad, you will need to buy a new case for the iPad 5." I want a job where I get paid to be that much of a genius P.S. When I hear "form factor" I think general dimensions and proportions. The new iPad could have had a new mini-like design and the SAME old form factor (like iPad 1 to iPad 2, more or less). But it's not. It's a different design AND form factor. (Personally I'd be more likely to use "form factor"...
Who cares, if you're Samsung? 90% of the public will never remember the cheating story. Of those that to, 90% will remember the story that "others do it too" and assume that includes even Apple. Of those that really WERE worried for moment, 90% will now believe Samsung's false denials, no doubt bolstered by classic astroturfers. That adds up to GOOD marketing! It's not the first time in public discourse that facts have proven unimportant in driving opinions...
 I agree, for basic utilitarian uses like vacation timers that people have done for years, but the more interesting and FUN uses of these bulbs (and fun is why I want them!) involve color-changing. You need a fancy bulb for the color control.
 I partially agree, and partially think they're more trying to cheat against each other than against Apple. (Given how the Android market is so focused on specs, soundbites and bullet points, to the detriment of actually delivering a good experience.) But I 100% think your metaphors are rare poetry!
I wonder if the real fix needs to be on the server end. Happily, I can report: no iOS 7 problems here--with iMessages or anything else (knock on wood). Except: My iPad 2 was slow, stuttery, and even crashy for about an hour... and then it was fine. Go figure. I think some re-indexing or other memory-hoggage must happen for a while right after the update. No problems at all on iPhone 5. Wouldn't go back if I could! (I also wouldn't rush to put it on an iPhone 4.)