or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Ha. Remember when Samsung cloned an old BlackBerry... and called it the BlackJack? They don't even TRY to hide their habits!
Just noticed the event invitation has a few silver (well, gray) rings amidst the filled colored dots. Sounds like the fingerprint-ID home button will indeed have a unique look. Will the 5S keep the square icon inside the button? In a sense the single square never made sense: you don't press it to enter ONE app, you press it to get to ALL your apps. A grid would have made more sense (like the Launchpad grid icon on Mac keyboards). And it's cleaner without any symbol, now...
 You don't even own your own creative work, by Adobe's model! If I stop paying every month (and no, I have never pirated anything) then I can no longer open or edit my own creative works. Do some people find that acceptable? Do they find it acceptable that Photoshop CS6 still has some of the same bugs as CS3, and new ones as well? Really basic stuff: like the rectangular marquee changing size, at certain zoom levels, so it doesn't reflect what you actually selected as...
I simply ADORE having 10,000 miscellaneous services running on my machine to support Adobe's actual apps!   And I'm just processing this... I have Creative Cloud (kicking and screaming at all the bugs and the monthly bill) which gives me Photoshop CS6 etc.... but Photoshop CC is a SEPARATE app and a separate download? What? Do I need a team of experts just to tell me what they heck Adobe is doing with my CC subscription? I wonder which has more bugs, CS6 or CC... what...
 Or... can it? http://www.seroundtable.com/google-adblock-plus-pay-off-17039.html Good old "open" Google :)
To be more fair to Android, they should measure ATTEMPTED web activity. My Android friends are always finding their brand-new phones are either bogged down and nearly frozen, or dead by 5pm, due to Android's failure to stop 3rd-party apps from wasting battery. (Seriously, it's a strong pattern, not an occasional fluke for them. They're always adding app-killer and system-monitor utilities and trying to manage processes like a 1990s PC, all to no avail. Then they delete...
"What about an American work only 8 hours a day, but still texting email checking with their boss, keeping in touch with their clients after work until they really tired and fall a sleep?" First world problems Love 'em!
This is the perfect reaction to today's Samsung announcements! Kudos to Samsung for having their head in the right place
 If you're in a hurry and didn't expect to be taking pictures at all, then you'll just use your iPhone as usual--the lens in your pocket won't prevent that. And if you weren't expecting to be taking pictures, then you left your dedicated camera at home anyway, so that's no better. If you WERE expecting to take pictures, then just as you'd have decided to lug your dedicated camera, you would instead decide to attach this camera to your iPhone. "Getting it out" and "turning...
All I want from AppleTV is a new remote, and apps. Both seem inevitable. Has the time come?