or Connect

Posts by nagromme

ABC is free on my iPad and iPhone, and I have no cable provider at all.   Why make us have cable to use AppleTV for the same thing? ABC is free over the air anyway!
You misunderstand Apple's rules: look at the Amazon app. You can buy anything from within the app--been that way for years, and Apple takes no cut. Likewise I can shop with the eBay app or order a Chipotle burrito.Apple's rules apply to digital content/services consumed on the device, not to "real world" sales.
Siri vs. Now is one thing. But I also use dictation often to do searches, and Apple gets my words right most of the time, while Google almost never does. When Apple gets something wrong, I speak more carefully the second time and it works. With Google (searching in the YouTube app comes to mind) I can try, try again and just never get anything close to the words I spoke. In addition, Google responds much more slowly than Apple does. (I'm a native English speaker with...
Wearable (watch/not-watch)? Maybe. I'm imagining a band of three square "widget" apps stacked together around your wrist, and you'd swipe to scroll through more. Tap any one to make it fill the 1x3 screen for actual interactive usage, and pinch the screen to minimize the current app to a widget again. I wouldn't mind having time, weather and map always visible, say. (Even dependent on an iPhone tether it would be still useful. Refresh when the wearable's internal M7...
Not retina, but tons of 1x pixel space! A niche product that I wish I could afford! Although the pixels might be too large for 2x retina usage and yet too small for legible 1x usage? Sounds like an awkward in-between. Even more, I wish for an actual retina Thunderbolt display, around 27", to be used at 2x. 5120x2880 like those Mavericks wallpapers, please! Apple offering this Sharp is probably a nail in that coffin for a while to come, though. Apple's 27" display is 3.7...
I can't imagine holding the iPhone safely while using that Typo keyboard. And .25 added thickness? Can that be right? I'm much more interested in Seacrest's Gash razor, and his Splatter motorcycle helmet.
You mean some people WANT Dells, rather than just getting them out of habit or because they see what sounds like a good pricing deal? That's actually quite a surprise to me, and at odds with my personal observations. (I think the survey is more accurate than the headline: "plan" is different from "want." I plan to go to the dentist, but...) The Dude abides.
His campaign certainly used a metric ton of iPhones! I volunteered, and although I was a grunt at the bottom end, many organizers above me had campaign-issued iPhones which were used for all kinds of things. It was a well-oiled machine that looked like chaos on the surface but was super-efficient and detail-focused in reality--and iPhones were a part of that. (As were banks of plain-old computers of course, which is where I came in.) I can definitely see why jumping on...
This is why Apple can develop successful new app capabilities for iOS: developers have good reason to use them at once! What can Google do? They can add features (and they do) but how many developers are going to make an app for the tiny sliver who have the latest OS? Where's the business model for that? How will the momentum be achieved to make a feature something people actually use? And with Apple designing hardware and OS together the difference is even greater.
I wonder how many iPhone/iPad users bought Android tablets in comparison? Android tablets are lacking in quality apps (which non-iPad users don't believe!) they are abandoned by their makers very quickly, they lack the complete clone backup-restore process that makes getting a new iOS device (or warranty swap) far more painless, they have malware and fake apps galore even on Google's own store, and the wrong download can destroy your battery life, privacy, or system...