or Connect

Posts by nagromme

It's not so much like an athlete doping (makes it sound like a "cheat" that users would be glad to have); it's more like an athlete rigging a fake measurement of their running speed... when in a real game, they can't run that fast and end up losing!
My friend was all excited about getting one of these (Asus)... but found that the touchscreen didn't work well in practice or offer much besides awkwardness. It's a fun bullet point to claim, though! My convertible notebook of choice is an iPad with (less than 1/4 of the time) a keyboard cover attached.
Numbers is the killer app for me. I've always used spreadsheets of necessity but never liked them. Switched to Numbers a couple years ago and never looked back! I like the way it "thinks"--it removes a barrier of annoyance I have always felt with old-fashioned spreadsheet apps. I use the iPad version. I really like that I can view my iPad work on iCloud.com any time, or grab a PDF that way. Added bonus: for financial matters I like to work on the floor (don't ask me why)...
These are clearly actual SALES. Not just "shipped." Let's give credit where due: Samsung copied a mere rumor and made a real product that sold nearly a million. The nature of the sales is made clear at the end of the report: "Hey, mister--I work for Samsung down the street. Do you want this truck for $5? You can have whatever's inside it too!"
The Zoo Chimp model of "innovation": throw stuff at the wall and see if anything sticks.
This bug went WAY in to the past for me! And a high-DPI "thumbnail" is about as good as a cell phone photo used to be, once you enlarge it. Not something that should have been allowed to go on for such a long time. Hopefully easy to fix once Apple decides to actually pay attention to it!
 They already do that, they just need a thicker wallet for the purpose!
Google thread 500 for an amusing blast from the iPod past. Apple fans and trolls alike both HATED the iPod (kind of like they both initially hated everything else Apple has ever done :) )
Controls you can feel for by habit are a) easier, b) safer, c) located in different logical places around the car (like having window controls NEAR the window) and d) can ALL be available all the time: no modes are different screens. Touchscreens are NOT the answer for most things in a moving vehicle. Useful as a nav display--not to replace the physical feel-without-looking controls that have always worked far better. I'm so glad my car has no touchscreen (other than my...
An announcement of vague future features might be considered a "response." Complete and delivered features, though, were simply in the works long ago. Nothing else makes sense.