or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Skip the PS Express update: they dumbed it down and removed useful features. Luckily I still had the old version on my Time Capsule!
This could make those "sleep cycle alarm" apps efficient enough to not necessarily need a power connection all night long. It could also help GPS apps (including weather alerts and geofences), making the even lower-power than Location Services already is, by waking them up to check for an updated location only if movement has been sensed. After all, you can't change coordinates without also jostling your phone. I'm not sure what's left to put in a watch!
 Not to mention: the stock under Cook has been WAY higher than under Jobs. Not lower, higher.
No surprise there. Apple's doing great--but we can't expect "analysts" to understand why! The rumors of Apple's low-end phone being rock-bottom junk were never that plausible. Apple's low-end is anyone else's midrange. Same with computers. Nothing new there. Is the market they leave on the table that valuable? Can they in fact snap up SOME of that low-end market by upselling them to a midrange smartphone? Is this their last chance to try a rock-bottom device if it truly is...
If the same sensor is used in the iPad 5 (as I surely hope!) then that could indeed spell constraints for a while. For both products. (It may also lead to pushing the iPad until later in the year.)
Ha. Remember when Samsung cloned an old BlackBerry... and called it the BlackJack? They don't even TRY to hide their habits!
Just noticed the event invitation has a few silver (well, gray) rings amidst the filled colored dots. Sounds like the fingerprint-ID home button will indeed have a unique look. Will the 5S keep the square icon inside the button? In a sense the single square never made sense: you don't press it to enter ONE app, you press it to get to ALL your apps. A grid would have made more sense (like the Launchpad grid icon on Mac keyboards). And it's cleaner without any symbol, now...
 You don't even own your own creative work, by Adobe's model! If I stop paying every month (and no, I have never pirated anything) then I can no longer open or edit my own creative works. Do some people find that acceptable? Do they find it acceptable that Photoshop CS6 still has some of the same bugs as CS3, and new ones as well? Really basic stuff: like the rectangular marquee changing size, at certain zoom levels, so it doesn't reflect what you actually selected as...
I simply ADORE having 10,000 miscellaneous services running on my machine to support Adobe's actual apps!   And I'm just processing this... I have Creative Cloud (kicking and screaming at all the bugs and the monthly bill) which gives me Photoshop CS6 etc.... but Photoshop CC is a SEPARATE app and a separate download? What? Do I need a team of experts just to tell me what they heck Adobe is doing with my CC subscription? I wonder which has more bugs, CS6 or CC... what...
 Or... can it? http://www.seroundtable.com/google-adblock-plus-pay-off-17039.html Good old "open" Google :)