or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Great machine, although I like my dead-silent Pro. (And tolerate my Dell retina display for now--4k and 24" plenty for me, but it's got light bleed and reliability issues. if Apple made a display just like this Dell I'm using, I'd be happier.) Anyone who has to ask whether to get a Pro or an iMac... get the iMac! P.S. It's time to turn those USB and TB ports the right way up.
Whataver the cause, the 64 GB iPhone 6 Plus is affected too (in my case). Sad to say. Fingers crossed for 8.1.1, but if a hardware swap is needed, so be it.
The people in the current Apple Emoji are NOT yellow. That would indeed be a solution. (The "smileys" are yellow. Not the actual people--look and you'll see.) For anyone who says this is a small problem, not worth solving... well, Emoji are themselves are a small feature, you could argue. That's no reason not to improve it.
Thanks for finding the flaw AND handling it responsibly! Two things that help us all.
Thanks, Tim! The ignorant are a dying breed.
Wait... so Apple keeps making the iPod Classic year after year until the parts are simply not available, yet the beloved Mini--which they now offer THREE whole generations of--is such a small niche product that it's suddenly going to be gone? My favorite kind of rumor: pure fiction. The Air and 6 Plus certainly eat into the Mini market, but it's still there.
They're not "targeting" Microsoft. Microsoft's tablets have been trivial in the marketplace. A heavy tablet with reduced battery life, coupled with a slow laptop with a poor keyboard? Worst of both worlds! Charitably: there is a small niche for that. Small is the key word.
His statement helps people--real people who are facing hate and ignorance every day. These responses on top of it only add to the benefit!
There's a big barrier to Metal games (or anything that makes use of the latest performance) being developed. Developers can't currently restrict what iOS devices their game can run on. They can only restrict by iOS version. That means, even if you limit your game sales to iOS 8, an ancient iPad 2 HAS to run it. Making your game adaptive for quality is doable... making it adapt to THAT wide a range is much more work, or even calls for changes to the game design itself....
Thanks, Tim! More people need to be outspoken about the ignorance and hate still ingrained in so many. (Whether or not those people's hate comes from some HUMAN telling them how God wants them to vote, using a badly-translated Bible where they carefully cherry-pick which "rules" to follow and which are to be abandoned. Stone adulterers much?)