or Connect

Posts by nagromme

They're going to play U2 softly while the audience finds their seats. It will be amazing!
No matter what it is, the blogosphere-and-tech-forums corner of the world will receive it just as poorly as every other time Apple has AGAIN failed to deliver time travel and perpetual motion. While the other 99% of the world loves it, and high sales follow :) (Apple didn't use the word "historic"--that's ABC selling their airtime for ad views.)
Furthermore, what has Apple done to protect all those celebrities whose photos were stolen from Google/Android? The theft wasn't specific to iOS. Apple once again leaves Android users out in the cold when it comes to security!
Those are two deadly serious men! Good design takes 100 "No"s for every "Yes," and these guys look ready to give you a "No" you won't soon forget.
The downfall of smart watches to date: you EITHER have the always-on display to make it a real watch, not a black blob awaiting awkward shakes or gestures. OR you have good battery life. Nobody has beaten that trade-off. The Moto 360 ends this dilemma: your watch is a dead black circle most of the time, AND it still dies before dinner! I like the Verge's advice to get this if you want a smart watch "today." Not, you know... wait 4 more days to see whether the Apple...
Apple event coming ... Time to select a lazy meme and get some attention. I think "lock in" would. E a good one! How is this proxy payment concept (if there's truth behind it) "lock in"? Do your purchased items get taken from you if you leave iOS? Do your credit cards stop working? Do they call EVERY good feature of every product a "lock in" because you lose the feature if you don't use the product? Sounds like someone wants a way to spin happy customers into something...
Six Samsung "smartwatches" this year! And a zillion from every other company. Apple's hardware ("smartwatch" or whatever) will be trivialized as "only having a few innovative differences and looking better." Meanwhile the important thing--the SOFTWARE and the whole ecosystem--will be overlooked in favor of spec-obsession. The REAL value of tech is what it DOES, and software (from OS, to specific integration with hardware features, to 3rd-party support) is what matter...
I'm very glad that the pre-loaded album thing is not true. That would be approaching Android- and Windows PC-style style crapware where the device maker sells your screen to third parties! (An MP4 would at least be more harmless and easier to delete, and Apple has done things like that before--my first Mac came pre-loaded with a Barenaked Ladies video as a QT demo--but it's still a tacky idea.) If the iTunes store and U2 want to give out free codes or something, that's...
The biggest threat to PayPal is their own awful, convoluted, stagnant system. It's like a throwback to 1995.
To the haters: one size of HQ does NOT fit all. Choice is good.