or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Location Services has impressed me for years being able to show almost to the room level where I am in my building. No beacons or anything, just old-school WiFi location. Would be neat to get even more precise! (Plus I can't tell from Maps where it thinks my altitude is... might have me on totally the wrong floor!)
It's a crying shame that Heath Ledger passed away. He would have played CFO Luca Maestri unforgettably.
Apple CANNOT penetrate the Chinese market at ALL without a phone made of cardboard that is dropped for free from airplanes. Analysts know this. Wake up, Apple
Get those NFC-ready registers everywhere (thought it would have happened by now!) and THEN we can talk about whether there's a meaningful "plateau." No need for retailers to "support" Apple Pay... they just need modern payment terminals period, and NFC will work.
Everyone has known this for a decade. No investigation needed.
I thought we already knew that? I guess it was conveyed in some way other than the Guidelines docs, which have now been updated. (At first I thought it meant voice control must be supported... which would be great, but sometimes impossible!)
My major version upgrade policy for ANY vendor: 1. Wait for the first point update. 2. THEN wait 3 more days. 3. GO FOR IT.
Article is completely correct nearly all of the time – the exception being certain specific misbehaving apps. Facebook is currently one of them and needs a fix now that they have been caught cheating. I have never force quit all my apps, ever, I have tons of apps allowed to use background tasks ranging from podcast downloads to 24/7 Dark Sky location tracking, and I've never had any battery problems. Most background stuff on iOS is way more efficient than some people...
Mine sounds like a noisy box fan, has a reliable range of maybe 100 feet, and can't carry anything but it's own toy-caliber camera. And it's much less likely to hurt anyone or anything than a typical R/C aircraft is, since it's so easy to control. Now, when you get up to something bigger and more powerful, sure, laws are needed. And yes, the constitution DOES grant the power to regulate aircraft. Thank goodness.
Sad to say, for some interactive content, Flash is cheap to develop and runs on all Macs and PCs, even ones with older browsers. Any other method of interactive content is less widely supported on the desktop, more feature-limited, and less rapid (thus more expensive) to develop for. Thankfully, Flash is not on mobile at ALL, which will keep pushing it towards the end. Or Adobe will get Flash to export to HTML5 really well, which would be a great outcome.