or Connect

Posts by nagromme

I agree that the flaw likely exists in theory (something to fix?), and that it could reach people in reality if the App Store process allows it, which as I said is plausible (something else to fix?); I just don't see the evidence yet. So from what we know now this sound like one of the many past claims that got exaggerated, gave someone 5 seconds of fame, and then turned out to be very different from what articles had stated/implied (and fed to the echo chamber).But the...
Good for Apple (and others). This kind of publicity-stunt hate law can drive talented people and worthy projects away from a state. Bigots cannot be the tiny tail that wags the dog.
So do I have this right? Getting an app that leverages this "flaw" would require jailbreaking (or else you self-installing the app as a developer/enterprise deployment on your own device)? How is that news? You can do all kinds of questionable things by jailbreaking/side loading. So what is seemingly newsworthy is not the background thing at all, but rather a second, unrelated flaw, in Apple's review process. If such a flaw exists (sounds plausible, but they are very...
It's got my favorite Android feature of all time: the way so many of them wobble when you try to use them on a surface, because the camera sticks out! Obnoxious. THe 3G was bad enough for that, but a little "peg" is worse--and makes the phone sit with one side higher even when you're not trying to tap. Like when watching a video. Just an awkward and lazy design for a camera--why put it behind the screen where it has to add thickness??
This bug does not affect pre-Mavericks users, correct? (Nor 10.9.0 users--if any? Just the current 10.9.1?)
 Not a chance: it will cost less than a smartphone (remember the unsubsidized true price) and not everyone will want it enough to buy it. It's GOOD for them, and they should want it. I would want it! Many people will... but everyone wants to communicate and do all the other things an iPhone puts in your pocket. (Camera, phone, email, web, social media, games, navigation, weather, creativity, a zillion special-purpose apps... a computer in your pocket!) A health monitor (or...
I can't speak to the "current range" or specific time frames, and I'm sure Apple will be a success for a very long time to come--both in terms of income and user satisfaction (the latter meaning the most to me). They'll also have some big product hits and some "flops" (just like under Jobs--although an Apple hardware "flop" is a success most companies would kill to have). BUT... I'm certain that Apple's iPhone-spurred profit growth will never be repeated. Smartphones, as...
Macs going ARM is an absurd idea. So Intel (and AMD?) will have a long future with Apple. Intel may or may not ever get big in mobile; but a (limited) market for high-power desktops will remain in some form.
Good. Keep the ads value lower (not zero, just less) but keep my privacy too. Apple doesn't depend on selling personal info."aggregated, non-personally identifiable information" is pseudo-comforting language, carefully chosen to placate if you don't think too hard about it or follow the money.Google is forming detailed profiles on you and every user they can. They may identify you with a number, username, email address and YouTube name, rather than your real name (which...
Apple will make up their sorry lack of profit soon, by digging into the gold mine of netbooks.