or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Anti-Apple Headline Service: "Android Sees Significant Daytime Usage; iPad Usage in Freefall Night After Night"
Steve WOULD have done this.
I'm glad my D700 work machine will also be able to play games better--in ANY OS--than I've ever had them before. (I'm a 1st-person shooter fan but have never felt like spending the money on either high-end detail nor dual machines--or even dual OS's. I wanted them! But not enough to pay. I think the time has come.) Booting into Windows is pretty unacceptable--I like my stuff in one place, and I'd rather maintain one OS than two. But since I may need a Windows setup to...
They were both talking about MEMS. See the article above.
Neat idea! Scientific crowd-sourcing of not just computing power (like Folding@Home) but human brainpower. Hope it succeeds and is emulated in other fields!
Translation: the bottom end of the market (even in the US) is the biggest end, and the slowest to saturate. Not the end with the best user experience, the best profits, or the greatest sales of developers' creations--but the end with the biggest unit volume. Common sense! If market share is a measure you find useful in some way, and if you feel that Android-all-lumped-together is equal to Apple in some meaningful sense, there is no way things could have progressed much...
No mention of a big problem with SD storage for most users (not we tech-savvy forum goers): you then have to MANAGE that multi-segment storage. Android's strength (for a few) is also its weakness (for many): it's more like an old-style PC.
"Opt in" is fine. But that too could change... to "opt out" or "no choice."
For anything nearby (interiors) it's important that pano shots rotate the camera around the actual CAMERA. This device keeps the camera well off-center, which would be a deal-breaker for me.
"Apple may make certain personal information available to strategic partners that work with Apple to provide products and services, or that help Apple market to customers." THAT is "proof" of "selling" info? (Obviously not the business Apple is in.)