or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Developers are not forced to use ODR—I'm glad it's been implemented, and if developers use it when they shouldn't (like any OS feature) that's on them. Minus one star :) Plenty of games and apps already use on-demand data for tutorials: as streaming videos. Keep them small is all I ask, and let the user enable/disable ODR-over-cell data.
How many times do you have to use contraception to earn that badge?
I'd assume it works the same as iCloud Keychain, which IIRC only stores data on-device. Yet it still synchs: data is passed to your other devices, without being stored by Apple.So if you upgrade your ONLY Apple device, and get rid of the old one before synching the new one, I suppose you might have to start over. But most people won't get rid of their old phone until they have a new one.As to why it's better not to track you on Apple's (or anyone's) servers: that way...
At $15/month I'd buy one streaming service at a time, rotate months, and get lots of content for way cheaper than cable. If the prices fall (or cost less bundled together) I'd consider 2 or 3 at a time.
He probably bought one for himself and one for someone else--or borrowed one from someone else. Then put them on a dog for a funny photo set. Maybe even poking fun at showy rich people (or he may be one himself). But I doubt it's LITERALLY buying watches for a dog. Another surprise: that cat playing the piano is just for fun. He doesn't really play the piano.
 To fill in the blank: Mac OS X (if you've only used an iPad, trust me: OS X is a different animal, and great for different things; with a cursor-based UI instead of raising your arm awkwardly to touch). And I have bad news: the need to combine "portability" with "lots of cords all at once" is only going to diminish in future. Those days are not returning. On the bright side: as we move towards our wireless future, hubs and docks--and different laptop models for different...
Sure, Google can finally add OS support. That doesn't mean each HARDWARE company will be on board, and it doesn't mean each developer's APP will be on board. Why support TouchID in an iOS app? Because a vast number of users--converging on 100%--have it. Can't say the same for Android. Hardware and software glommed together from multiple different parties is not a problem with a solution. Meanwhile, I just read about erased Android devices--even newer ones with...
That's pretty low, Adobe--it wasn't cheap! And I thought it was a very nice app. (Not the kind of thing you'd use instead of a laptop, but great in a pinch when you have no laptop. And great as a companion to other iPad art apps--for art/drawing you'd never dream of doing on a bulky laptop.) Pixelmator and Procreate to the rescue! (I feel bad for Android users: it was a nice app, and they have slim pickings for an alternative!)
Apple patents anything they invent, regardless of intent to use it, in case it becomes important some day. Stylus patents do mean something--they indicate an interest in the topic by Apple--but people shouldn't hope (or fear) for specific features that show up in a patent. I hope they do ship an optional stylus though, or else better support for a new class of more advanced 3rd-party ones. I know artists who couldn't give up their iPad art apps, but would love better...
Just yesterday I was telling someone that I wanted one but was waiting to see if a second gen added anything I'd want. Glad the company overheard me!