or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Good for Apple! And good for Tim Cook.
An iAd (complete with the little Apple iAd) for a streaming radio service that is NOT Apple's would be confusing to users, among other things. They'd think they had found Apple's own new streaming service. Kudos to mike above for early skepticism! This does smell like a story that might turn out to be just what it seems... or might not.
Spin off the hardware division to make really good add-on keyboards/cases/covers/sliders for other brands of touchscreen phones. People love their key style. (I'm a touchscreen man myself! But I know people who don't mind bulk and always get a physical keyboard.)
I eyed one of these for ages... a fun toy, but worth the price? No regrets! It really is fun to fly, with the 2 different modes. Relative mode especially. The camera stuff is more for fun than for top quality--and I'm OK with that. You can still get some neat shots/movies. I'm too chicken to fly it very high, though. Or indoors for that matter!
JP Morgan sees us riding robot dinosaurs to work, too. It all makes sense if you're as smart as they are. Quote: Originally Posted by snova View Post I'd buy a 12-13" ARM based rMBA. For extreme horsepower needs I'll use my rMBP 15". Don't need to lower price of the MBA to get my attention. Happy to trade x86 for ARM and Retina at the current price and battery levels. What apps would you run on it? If iPad apps, then choose your favorite iPad keyboard and go! If OS X...
What amazes me is that I always assumed the official Google Play Store itself was free of malware (or very nearly, comparable to Apple). So you're safe if you avoid third-party sources. But apparently that was never true! Follow the money: malware writers are doing this because it works. Search for "android botnet" for a fun time.
It can't be blindingly high: they were ALREADY blind (at best) to do this in the first place...
Something weird going on in that video. It seems to show Apple's lock-screen camera function working exactly the same (right down to the same icon in the same place) on the Samsung. Odd.
I'm 100% behind the same causes as Greenpeace, and will even begrudgingly admit the effectiveness--even necessity--of publicity stunts when trying to foster change that benefits us all. Obviously you HAVE to burn some carbon on the road to lower emissions. But even I know a giant gasbag when I see one.
I bet Samsung didn't know whether this would be a joke or a REAL "see if it sticks to the wall" product until AFTER the world's reaction. They weren't sure, and so they chose this date. And waited. Now they can let it stand as a joke and bury the prototypes.