or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Glad to hear it! Both have a place on my first home screen. Between Pandora and iTunes Radio I basically never listen to terrestrial radio, even while driving. And Pandora is where I find most of the music I buy on iTunes. I don't pay for Pandora, but I don't begrudge them the ads.
An app with Burger King nutritional info... comedy gold.In iOS 8, Passbook will be telling you to stop in for some discount cow byproducts, while Healthbook will be telling you to flee.NFC has been the failure so far. BT low energy is the future. And mobile payment apps have succeeded on iOS (Chipotle, Starbucks) without either.There's no 30% for selling physical goods, and no need to go through Apple's IAP system. That's why there's an Amazon app where you can actually...
It also offers 12GB more storage than a 32GB Windows phone. True story!
The world isn't perfect. Perfect solutions to its problems, reducible to comforting sound bites, will never be found. And yet those problems still need to be solved, not ignored. So, let's face a little uncomfortable imperfection and start to change things. It's past time. One uncomfortable imperfection: the color of your skin can affect your career. It's not 100% evaluation of talent that's at work. That's true even if (as I believe true at Apple and many modern firms)...
Rift was the first to solve latency, and other issues too, I believe. (And the Rift works! Even the low res developer version is something to be experienced--but some game types work better than others.) First, maybe--but not the last! As a Mac gamer I'm more interested in the Rift than a PS4, but I'm happy to see VR take off in any way it can, after far too many years of waiting for it to work right.
Really cool. I'm happy with my AR.drone for the price, but it's neat seeing higher end options!
There's room for both, because iOS is aimed at being new and better: tossing out assumptions to make an easier-to-use, more productive platform than traditional PCs. But Android is aimed at being more like traditional PCs: hackable, moddable, yes--all good things for some--but also harder to use, more complex, easier to attack, and harder to develop for profitably. Each has different pluses and minuses. Moddability will always have appeal, and a free OS given away to...
In some ways, yes, that's always an option (it's what I do with my iPhone) but CarPlay is better--and SAFER--in others: - Driver-centric simpler controls, aimed to require minimum attention and minimum dexterity (this is the biggest thing) - Support for the car's own unique knobs and buttons to control apps, not just the touchscreen (and not just music/audio); scrolling for instance - No need to carry your iPad everywhere! And protect it from theft and temperatures. (Not...
Just goes to show: Apple can't do web services as reliably as Google can!
In technology, the word "targeted" has a different and more specific meaning: malware written and successfully deployed for Android is truly intended specifically for that purpose, and will not run on iOS. It's like any other app/software in that regard. Not a vague concept but a concrete one that has real-world statistics and incidents attached. (See my links above and countless similar data points.)