or Connect

Posts by nagromme

I'd like to have it.   Most users wouldn't care.   It will happen eventually in some form, at least on the full-size iPad.   But it needs to be intuitive (not the hidden gestures of Windows 8), it needs good developer support, and it needs to be done right. Wait as long as it takes to get it right!   Many pitfalls: http://roopc.net/posts/2014/imagining-split-screen-ipad/
I can't totally block unknown callers because sometimes they are important (business matters) but I can reduce their annoyance: 1. A made silent ringtone in GarageBand, and a near-nothing vibrate pattern (two faint taps separated by a long dead space). That's my default ringtone, and important contacts have real ringtones (and real vibrate patterns). So unknown callers don't get in my face. (But I will still--by choice--hear a voicemail chime if they leave a message.) 2....
A year ago I saw a very good analysis of Amazon's business and the question of how they might "turn on the profit switch" one day after so many years of essentually "dumping" products to take over markets. Wish I could find the link. But the upshot was: - Certain (main non-book) items are unprofitable, but their sales as a whole are VERY profitable. - BUT Amazon reinvests an unusual amount of their profit--essentially all of it--to expand their operations and enter NEW...
It's not about Apple vs. Amazon re the % that Apple gets. Amazon doesn't care about that % number, and it wouldn't even matter if Apple lowered the number to zero and handled the transaction at a loss. Same with Android: Amazon removed Google Play purchasing too. Amazon cares about having your credit card number. THEY want to have that number, not leave it walled off within your Apple account. Because if they have your credit card number, they can more easily sell you...
Apple communications practice: measure twice, cut once.
People who say that all the affected employees (not just this one representative) should just accept this because they are lucky to be alive and working at all... Why shouldn't the same logic apply to Apple, Google and the other companies who did wrong? Why automatically side with the corporations? Shouldn't they "just be grateful" they were able to have talented employees and mess with those employees' lives for so many years while profiting from their labors? The amount...
Love the AR.Drone 2.0 (cautiously flown in only the best conditions because I'm chicken), and if I didn't already have that, I love how one's more compact. The Rift thing sounds cool... and utterly nauseating. And not stereoscopic, which defeats (much of) the point of Oculus Rift. As for the controls, I never minded the on-screen control, especially tilt-based relative mode. I would consider joysticks a step down%u2014until you fly far away maybe. I'd love the added...
"Lee, who came in to work only on Wednesday afternoons every other week, has said he wishes to spend more time with his family."
It's just a big iPod Touch!%u2122
Anti-Apple Headline Service: Top Leadership Abandoning Apple's Sinking Ship After a Mere Two Decades Trying to Slow the Decline