or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Correction: "with no subsidizing assistance from Apple" --> "DELAYED subsidizing assistance from Apple, plus larger total paid sales of the service (which is the goal of any free trial)." See: http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/06/15/more-than-70-of-apple-music-revenues-passed-to-rights-owners-apple-confirms Now, any given artist or label is still free to decline the deal, and is free to take their negotiations public to gain leverage. That's perfectly fair%u2014I'm...
A better solution is a head-mounted device (not Google Glass, but a better iteration of the same concept) that has a boom mic with a camera built in. Positioned on an arm directly under your nose, that could provide a far clearer image up your nostrils than a watch-based solution would deliver. In addition, if cleverly designed, the boom mic could fold back when not in use, allowing the camera to stream video of your ear canal.
Dag Nabbit! They got me again! Every year I fall for ONE Apple Security Apocalypse story, and think "this is it--the big one." It never is. But they up their game every year, hyping harder and obscuring the details just to fool me one more time... But even so, if this is just "another little one" (possibly affecting zero users), it's still important to catch and fix the issues.
Banking, healthcare, communicating with friends who support you--and JOB SEARCHING. All vital, all VERY difficult if you have wait hours for a bus to a library to even begin. I have a friend who fell on hard times due to caring for a dying parent (coupled with predatory loans when she got her degree) and she's a clear example of how broadband (nothing fancy, just usable) can be a necessity to get back on your feet. More so even than speaking on the phone, these...
Sounds like details Apple needs to add to the proposal. And they can certainly do so. No biggie. Then the community can accept, reject, or request changes based on accurate info.
Look at the details of what Snowden actually did, and why, and what impact it has had since it happened. If you do that, you'll stop caring whether you like or respect him (I think I do), stop requesting his murder (really?!) and start being VERY glad he was there to do what he did, at significant personal risk.
Luckily, cheaper accessories are in every grocery store checkout aisle! I guess Apple doesn't need to include that segment in their own stores.
Apple bought Beats. Nobody misunderstands that. And nobody remembers 1981.
These sound like fun toys%u2014I know I enjoy my AR.Drone! But too many of them, too similar! Sounds like a bad plan.
 I'm disappointed too, as an Air 1 owner! I hope they can change that limitation before release (I can dream). But "working" isn't a yes/no question, it's a spectrum. How well does it work? How often does it work? Does it work with ALL apps, most apps, a few apps? Some of the time? Most of the time? When it fails to work well, what happens? Slowdowns, frustrations, unresponsive UI? Crashes? Loss of data you were working on? One thing is for certain: the Air 2's CPU and GPU...