or Connect

Posts by nagromme

This device makes all kinds of compromises... BUT, if reviews turn out to be good, the low price makes the compromises reasonable. This is no iPad, and in the long run (resale value) it’s probably not much cheaper than an iPad. But it may well be a nice option to have in the market, especially for people who NEED a tablet somewhat bigger than an iPod, but cannot swing more than $200. Before this, I would have said none of the options for those people was even worth it....
It’s price competitive, for the specs and high-end features it has... but the iMac is a STEAL, so I agree. Get the iMac if you can afford the difference, and even if you don’t need/want two computers to deal with, just use it as a display only. Then resell it one day, and get more than your $100 back! And one good way to use a laptop and desktop: treat the laptop as a server, where your documents reside, and access it from the speedy big-screen desktop. Then when you want...
To be not "over-the-top,“ it would have to be smaller. And then it wouldn’t be enough space, so.... over-the-top it is! As for it being minimalist—people have different tastes. I like the idea. Detail/ornamentation/pinstripes/“character” are only one approach to design. The detail and interest here is more in the green space within/around it: more green space than that land currently has. The building itself gets its interest from simplicity not busy detail. That IS...
"her stolen credit card” Shortest investigation ever
Two things this would solve for me: 1. I could have a several chargers in different places, and any one of them could charge ANY of my devices. That would be great—even if the smaller chargers could only supply a slow trickle to the larger machines. (I already love that my iPhone and iPad can charge from each other’s bricks—which Apple’s tech note says is fine to do. My iPad charges off my tiny iPhone brick when I travel—one little brick, two devices charged—by taking...
As near as I can tell, Google STILL has not fixed the glaring problem that when you switch from one Android device to another, you lose all your customizations, game progress, stored files/music/movies, screen organization, downloaded apps, etc. It’s like starting fresh! What a pain. That’s not the way to be “sticky,” when an iPhone user can get a new iPhone and everything from wallpaper to folder organization is preserved—automatically with no special hoops to jump...
All the Android companies and devices together get lumped together to make fourth place, but Apple gets sliced into three--and each slice is still big enough to take one of the top 3 spots? Seems unfair... Android should be given SECOND place after iOS’s very large first place
What was said, as you quoted, does at least mention iPad and iPhone—and only iPad and iPhone. So a headline about Android would not be equally accurate.
I hope Samsung doesn’t see that—they’ll be horrified to be reminded that Apple’s iPad styling isn’t the only possible way to design a tablet! As a user, I want one of every tablet size from 2” to 30”. The ideal mini-tablet is more pocketable, and Apple already makes that, but an in-between size? Sure, why not. As a developer, UI size matters, and I don’t want the fragmentation!.
Terrible “trendy” new name, but the beauty is in the massive film/TV selection, not the name! And “Netflix” is actually a great, logical name for the streaming-only service. I’m still not likely to get both—maybe I’ll alternate! Offer a cross-promotion discount (again) even a buck off, and I might go for both. If this is a sign of worse to come, that’s a shame Fingers crossed, because nobody else can touch Netflix/Qwikster's’s selection.