or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Another great product that a vocal minority put down for no reason (“the shape has no novelty value!”), while the masses snap it up and enjoy the benefits
I really like the “raise to head” option. Doing that gives you more privacy (they can’t hear what Siri says back), more accuracy (talking cleanly right into the mic) and more ability to seem halfway normal talking to your phone Because you could almost be just on a phone call if people aren’t listening in too closely. This would remove most of the slight hesitation I’d have about using Siri.
The selection at Netflix by DVD is untouchable, and for streaming, I can only compare Hulu: Netfilx is far better! And remember: Netflix streaming has no ads! Hulu Plus still has ads, last I checked! Yikes. Crackle is worth noting, too: it’s free like Hulu, but allows you to watch on iPhone and iPad, which free Hulu does not. (Pay-per-DVD Netflix by mail is what I want! That would nicely complement the online services I use—mainly iTunes, Hulu and Crackle. Plenty of stuff...
I don’t care what’s “true” 4G—or any other buzzword. I just want to know what the speed is, and how long the battery lasts, in real-world use.
So... Apple offering movies gets in the way of movies reaching a “wider audience,” and the movie companies desire to offer “lower prices.” I am skeptical
Keeping the same shape doesn’t make it be “seen” that way by actual phone buyers, considering that the ancient 3GS design is the second-best selling smartphone! Android, judging by the ads, is all about hype: 12-year-old macho robot fantasies, and bullet-point specs aimed to mislead. What the iPhone delivers is substance—real talk time, real quality app selection, real reliable/secure operation, real automatic full backups, real media/music integration, real OS updates...
That would be so sweet to have that Samsung! Not only would I be able to carry a sack of extra batteries and memory cards... I’d have to! That sounds like more fun that having the iPhone’s selection of superior apps.
This device makes all kinds of compromises... BUT, if reviews turn out to be good, the low price makes the compromises reasonable. This is no iPad, and in the long run (resale value) it’s probably not much cheaper than an iPad. But it may well be a nice option to have in the market, especially for people who NEED a tablet somewhat bigger than an iPod, but cannot swing more than $200. Before this, I would have said none of the options for those people was even worth it....
It’s price competitive, for the specs and high-end features it has... but the iMac is a STEAL, so I agree. Get the iMac if you can afford the difference, and even if you don’t need/want two computers to deal with, just use it as a display only. Then resell it one day, and get more than your $100 back! And one good way to use a laptop and desktop: treat the laptop as a server, where your documents reside, and access it from the speedy big-screen desktop. Then when you want...
To be not "over-the-top,“ it would have to be smaller. And then it wouldn’t be enough space, so.... over-the-top it is! As for it being minimalist—people have different tastes. I like the idea. Detail/ornamentation/pinstripes/“character” are only one approach to design. The detail and interest here is more in the green space within/around it: more green space than that land currently has. The building itself gets its interest from simplicity not busy detail. That IS...