or Connect

Posts by nagromme

That SIM ejector tool is sweet! Everyone is still playing catch up to Apple’s SIM ejector tools.
I have to ask myself... how much is Apple’s innovation driving what Samsung now sells? And how much is Samsung innovation driving what Apple now sells? If Samsung had never existed, what would the iPad and iPhone be like today? (Pretty similar.) If Apple had never existed, what would Samsung’s products be like today? Or... what if both companies existed, and Samsung did cool and innovative things of their own without such blatant copying of Apple? Microsoft has done...
These images—and the display itself—can never impress as much because they are the SECOND display we’ve seen of this quality. The iPhone retina display is simply awesome, and having it at tablet size will be beautiful... but not nearly as striking as if we hadn’t already been using iPhone 4 and 4S for a year and a half. Still, there’s really nothing the iPad needs to be: incremental speed boosts (both processor and network) and catching up to the iPhone’s display! (I...
I hate to rain on this, but my hopes are low. Senseg’s statements to CNet 3 months ago make it seem like this is being aimed at multiple vendors and could be up to 24 months (now 21) from the market. I don’t see how that jibes with delivery today: if Apple had a hand in Senseg’s video spot on CNet, then they would have simply not allowed the spot at all! Senseg would have gone dark. And if Apple did NOT have a hand in it, then why wasn’t Senseg confident of delivery in...
Adding more cores carries diminishing returns. Of all the factors impacting performance, that’s way down the list!
I really like that Google is moving towards a Windows Metro look. Very clean.
This is great! I will be jealous as I make myself hang on to my iPad 2 for a full 2 years. But the iPhone’s retina display is already (at a closer viewing distance) the perfect example. Just look at a 3GS next to an iPhone 4 or 4S. That difference still blows me away, and I want it on iPad as well! I’ve been making my web site touch-icons at 144x144 for over a year in anticipation of this day!
Web site push notifications is a great feature! (Missing RSS? Not so good. Having my list of RSS articles in one tab, and opening the individual links in other tabs—common browsing practice in other words—is not something you can replicate with two separate windows open... much less two separate apps!) " it's a little unnerving that Apple displays all the sites and usernames you have saved without authorizing the display of this information first.” Good reminder, but...
Does Reader deserve the biggest button in the whole UI? It’s really just a view control, and already had a fine spot. It’s nice, but if anything, I use the Zoom Bigger button more. Maybe that button should be four inches across... In fact, I’d rather have a big Reading List button than an oversize Reader button. Reading List also makes iCloud more useful, so you’d think Apple would focus on that. This sounds like a UI experiment that won’t make it out of beta. I also...
If the user is reading and buying in iBooks, then iBooks links would probably benefit both readers and authors a lot more anyway! It does mean having to (slightly) edit two different versions, one with Amazon links and one with iBooks links. I don’t blame the author for not thinking of that until after the fact. Easily fixed, though.