or Connect

Posts by nagromme

I think it’s odd how App Store searching works so differently on iTunes vs. iPhone vs. iPad. I like the iPad version the best: you can filter and sort your searches more easily. Still room for improvement though. Nothing jumps out at me about Chomp’s front end, but I suspect their back-end skills are what this is about anyway.
But you can imagine what Apple would have to train each member of its app review staff to do? It’s not clear-cut. Not EVERY person knows a thing about Pokemon, and not every person knows what companies Nintendo does and does not work with. It’s completely impractical to have this (and every other) app investigated on a legal level when it is submitted. That would be great I suppose, but not possible. Instead, investigation (or even banning without investigation!) follows...
Apple could really wow the world, turning this publicity stunt to their favor: just promise to go BACK IN TIME to make the changes demanded by the petition. And then show that the evidence exists that they have actually done so! Very impressive. I hope these protesters are heavily promoting a list of all the companies worse than Apple... you know, the ones benefitting when someone boycotts Apple products. (And that really is happening: I’ve met people who wanted an...
I don’t think that’s what this is for (although there are apps like that; I use one that makes my iPad be a third monitor).The “virtual display” means that someone is sitting at a Mac using it already; then you remotely connect to that Mac, but instead of seeing the ACTUAL display (what that person is doing) it creates a new display just for you, logged into your own account. Two people using their own accounts/desktops/files, simultaneously, on a single Mac--not seeing...
If I were them I’d want custom-developed Air-Force-Only software. Developed under their control and to their specs.
“Apple’s problem”... you mean, every electronics maker? The problem Apple’s doing more to solve than anyone?
They’ve made heads-up glasses for years, iPod-video-compatible long before the iPhone, and I love the idea! Some let you see through the video, others are dark until you flip them up. I’ve been watching for them to come down in price and up in resolution. A niche product, sure, but still pretty cool. I want the idea to succeed, in Google’s hands or otherwise. (But I’d rather buy an accessory for my existing device I already carry, not an expensive cellular-enabled...
Part of the inspection process has to be rooting out cover-ups. If this is true (and it’s perfectly plausible in China) then it’s something the FLA has to get to the bottom of, if they’re to perform their mission effectively. Presumably, one or two visits is not the end of the process, so anyone hiding underage employees from Apple and the public can still get busted. I hope they are!
Me neither!But there’s a middle option too, that Google/Facebook/etc. could have used: offer those buttons for logged-in users to have for their visible, public purpose... while also bringing added mindshare (pervasive mini-ads) for Google/Facebook... but do NOT give them a little-known stealthy THIRD function, behind the scenes, of tracking people’s actions so the data can be logged forever and sold to advertisers. (Even people, I might add, who aren’t even logged in and...
Google should remember their motto: “Don’t get caught being evil."