or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Android is definitely WAY down my priority list for selling my game (when/if I finish it, that is ). Aside from the limited sales, and Google pushing ads vs. real purchases, there’s the support nightmare. Android is a badly-fragmented platform, where devices get rapidly abandoned by their makers and too few users are on the latest OS. That makes development and testing a nightmare. Piracy and app-cloning is way too easy, and you end up spending your time giving...
Definitely make the iPad thinner. I can still sort of see the iPad 2 edge-on, in the right light.
I guess this is what happens when a media platform doesn’t share Apple’s priority: user experience. Too bad—it could have worked well, and then it would have been another viewing option I wouldn’t have minded having.
It would be kind of a downer to end up with a PlayBook or Kindle instead of a full iPad for Christmas! Cheap is cheap, but if it can’t come close to doing what you want, even cheap is a bad buy.
Apple cares about user experience, making it so good that the user comes back in future and brings Apple more business. Carriers care about gouging and tricking customers out of every nickel and dime they can think to get, and don’t care about the user experience. (But will, no doubt, complain that the missing crapware worsens the experience for the poor users!) If carriers want an OS that favors them and not the user, there’s another OS for that....
It’s not on “autopilot.” Apple maintains huge staffing around the clock, all year. This means SOME activities, of importance to developers, are suspended during that time, not the entire Apple operation.And it’s probably in part because it IS such a busy time: if devs went nuts with Christmas specials, and short-term promos, and holiday updates, and critical fixes to those updates, all around the busiest time, that’s just asking for trouble. Apple’s telling devs to either...
It would be so hard to be someone who has a “usual table.” I can go to a restaurant and sit anywhere that’s available! I am thankful for this, and my heart goes out to those who can only sit at one spot P.S. I am also UNfashionably late. Oh, well.
Or in the double-click bar: you already have volume and rotation-lock and (for iPad) brightness, which are system settings. So I’m thinking just let that bar grow taller than one row when you swipe to it, allowing room for more controls; and let you choose which ones you want there.
But fragmentation is still a problem, and Apple still already makes a mini-tablet: the iPod Touch. I’m certain that larger, and probably smaller, iOS tablets are coming. Eventually. Because iOS is the future for more and more tasks, as Macs slowly become “trucks” over time. We’ll have multiple sizes as the market reaches the scale where meeting a real need is worth more than the fragmentation problem. But it’s a question of time, and I don’t think there’s a “need”...
I agree, the need to be able to run on Intel can’t have been the whole story. But it’s interesting to know how early on it was even PART of the story! (In fact, if Intel had never gotten their act together post-Pentium-4, and if IBM and Motorola hadn’t abandoned personal computer processor development, it may well never have made sense to switch to Intel at all. The option to be ABLE to was certainly important, though, and was an option Apple had long been working...