or Connect

Posts by nagromme

Could Game Center help, if expanded beyond just games? A method based on your AppleID, not your hardware? (For real purposes, I mean... not ad tracking, if I had my choice!)
Thank goodness Margolis is here to step into the spotlight when “nobody else” at Apple says no to bad design, and the only person who ever did is gone. I don’t think AppleTV has ever been all that great, merely interesting (though I’d love AirPlay). But this design is clearly not 5 years old, and is not the same thing Jobs rejected—he presumably rejected something similar in some ways, if the story is true (and that much is certainly plausible). And I’m sure “just...
Small screens are better! Big screens are also better! Each in their own way. Just don’t get carried away with either extreme. A little smaller would be nice. A little bigger would be nice in other ways. ANY change is fun just because it’s a change. And annoying for the same reason, but we’ll get over it. Someone noted that the trend of bigger screens is only in LTE models: those Android phones need massive batteries to run early LTE. How do you get away with a...
I call fake. That photo is from Cloverfield.
I recently enabled iCloud for Numbers on my iPad, even though I don’t own Numbers on Mac or anyplace else, and it’s great as an automatic remote backup! Better than Time Machine. Every change I make is backed up to the cloud within seconds. I need that peace of mind if I’m going to switch my accounting to iPad. Which I am now doing Even if I never actually care about “synching” that work, having such a complete and painless backup is terrific peace of mind. (I do, in...
Millions upon millions have been sold, with complex parts sourced from all over. These things store a lot of energy, and with so many in existence, once in a while, it’s possible one will explode, or grow legs, or rise into the sky, or begin reciting Hamlet. It’s just a matter of probability. I see no reason to doubt that this might happen, 1 time in 10 million, through no fault of the user. And if it does, that user certainly ought to get a replacement!
I hate being outside on a 110+ degree day. An absolute nightmare! But for the sake of a game like Infinity Blade II, I’ll hold 110+ degrees in my hand Or I’d put a cover on it like my iPad 2. More heat inside, less on my skin... the iPad will just have to deal...
There’s no free lunch—with power comes heat—but if you want a less powerful device that remains cool (which I do like!) then the iPad 2 is still for sale. I’d hate to give up the retina display over it, but it’s an option. I keep my iPad 2 at middle brightness, but I drop it to minimum in dark rooms and raise it to max in sunlight. (Never noticed it affecting heat.) It’s actually kind of odd that I never noticed 3D games making my iPad get hot, since I DO notice that on...
The lines are “better?” Awesome! I’ll go grab one easily then. I hope I understand what makes a line “better” instead of “worse.” The line at the grocery checkout yesterday was terrible.
Interesting design... looks broken, literally.