or Connect

Posts by nagromme

It’s especially not a problem, since you need to carry an Ethernet cable anyway (if you go places with no WiFi). So, just click the adapter onto the cable you’re already carrying, and it’s really not one more part to keep track of.(I got one of the first Airs, and all the adapters... In all those years, I’ve used the Ethernet once or twice for LAN gaming, the dialup modem once or twice out in the boonies as an emergency backup connection, the video connectors... never...
It better have a retina display, unless it’s aimed at something other than reading text!
Darn it! I wanted a free bumper case. Wait, I already have one
I have old Carbon games I still like to play! And I also have an old Mac that plays them just great So I’ll hang on to a legacy machine, if legacy apps are important to me. While I’d love the “idea” of having every app I ever owned still run on a new machine I purchase in 2014, reality is that things move forward! And I reap the benefits when they do. (I hope—someday—that Classic/Rosetta/Carbon/etc. are possible and legal in some kind of emulator or 3rd-party...
Many thanks! Great info. Messages, here I come
It was an ALWAYS an issue... for a limited number of people in certain situations (non-case users in weak signal areas). And a smaller issue than the ways in which the antenna is BETTER than the already-good antenna on the 3G/3GS: testing showed what I myself have found: the iPhone 4 gets a better signal in weak rural areas, despite the fact that bars drop when you hold it a certain way.Of course, bars dropping is not the same as call dropping. That can happen too—with...
I wonder if they’ll also film the NON-Apple-related Chinese vendors, or the Xbox 360 lines at Foxconn... you know, all the electronics companies who are doing less than Apple on these matters... I actually have met two people who won’t buy an iPhone because of Apple’s "abusive working conditions"... and instead they plann to buy some OTHER smartphone made in China, because this is only an Apple problem! Good work, “journalists.” These same people will go buy clothes and...
When you uninstall Messages (or, say, when the beta expires id you don’t upgrade to Mountain Lion) does the iChat app return? I’m more likely to try Messages if the iChat safety net is easy to get back to! TIA
And then after it’s very clearly AOL/Google’s fault and Apple’s the one driving improvement, the media's ad-bait headlines will nevertheless say “Congress Forced to Intervene in Yet Another Apple Privacy Disaster!”
You may be reading too much into this. What about this name change, or today’s Mountain Lion announcements, removes anything Mac-like about using using OS X? What significant features have been lost, in your view, as the Mac moves towards being an iPod?I’m genuinely curious, because you’re definitely not alone in your fear; whereas all I see is great tech from iOS being added to OS X, making the Mac better than ever. I don’t see the evidence of this problem that seems so...