or Connect

Posts by nagromme

I hate “interactive voice response systems.” I say, get rid of them, or at least minimize them GREATLY—and leverage Siri/Nuance to improve what remains!
"Reports of iOS 5 iMessages being sent to the wrong recipient” This story, and Apple’s comment, seems to be about ONE report; an occurence after Genius service. We’ve seen other reports, plural—about iMessage and stolen phones—which are much more interesting and concerning situations.
Apple patents every idea they come up with, regardless of any current plans to develop or use them. Apple’s not "developing tech” here... they’re “making drawings.” The idea is real, the implication that anything in the works is pure speculation—and very unlikely given Apple’s patent history.
You can go back. (As mentioned in the article, Apple even updated the “old style” utility for those who need it.)
"software attach rates for apps and media downloaded to the tablets would correlate inversely with the hardware price” Do I misunderstand the term “attach rate?” I thought attach rate didn’t mean the total NUMBER of “attached” downloads (or whatever additional sales), but rather the rate per initial sale: how many paid app/media downloads per each hardware unit sale. You could say the total number of downloads rises with the total number of sales, and that low prices...
Despite the recent Xbox story which seems to have been forgotten, I’ve seen nothing in this current batch of stories (in the general media) except fire hurled at Apple—likely the BEST of the industry, while other—and worse—tech companies are not even mentioned. Nice journalism.
Wow. Stick with your contract! It makes it much easier to then justify getting the NEXT, even better iPhone!
I don’t think AT&T likes that product mix! As an AT&T iPhone owner, I get about one snail mail offer a month from AT&T trying to get me to buy an Android phone! No, thanks.
Apple prices (from phones to computers) are in line with the rest of the industry. (Not by CPU average but when compared fairly by specs and bundles—since Apple makes no low-end disposable computers; and of course iOS is where most of Apple’s profits come from. Compare an Apple and a non-Apple device of similar price, and you’ll find each has some higher specs and some lower, but on average reasonably close.) Meanwhile Apple’s build quality, customer service, and...
First consumer digital camera—that’s an Apple innovation I’d totally forgotten! I badly wanted one of those monstrous low-res QuickTakes when they first came out, despite still being an Apple hater in those days.