or Connect

Posts by cameronj

I find it very interesting that when I click "report a post", the result of that goes to someone posting on the thread, participating in the insults that are being reported. Regardless of the merit of the complaint and the back and forth, surely I'm not the only one who objects to a thread participant also being it's judge and jury.   I didn't call Sumergo an idiot.  I reserve that for others.  On this thread politicians.  Usually I just call you a dummy, because I don't...
Because steadily rising market value, when you consider it in context of the hyperbolic stock chart from last year, would result in an INFINITE stock value in no time flat.  When a stock gets ahead of itself (IE amateur investors like Tallest Skil) think that it should go up forever just because it's a profitable company, it goes up too far too fast.  That's when the dumbest of those amateur investors buy more and more, and then the stock hits a wall and corrects back...
I think you've confused yourself as usual.  Try again, amateur.  Your statement makes no sense.
That's because the only reason the stock is as high as it is before such news reports is that expectations are high.  If expectations were low, then Apple could beat them and rise.  But it would rise from a low level.   Example: high expectations, stock is at 700, disappoints some people and falls to 650. Scenario 2: low expectations, stock is at 600, surprises everyone, rises to 650.   Same earnings, same end result, different path. Amateur, immature investors cry about...
Great idea. They should call it an iPad!
So you're predicting a continuation of the past, into the future ;)  Brave ;)
Apple's estimates haven't always been below reality.     And exactly how SHOULD a stock reflect a company's estimates?     Generally accepted stock pricing rules have nothing to do with company estimates, and everything to do with future cash flows.  There, and I said I was done with free lessons.  I guess I figured anyone dumb enough to think that company estimates are a factor that contributes to a stock's price deserves some charity.  Hope you learned something.  Sure...
  You take stock advice from a bunch of partisans so of course you think everything is stacked against you.  It's like talking to a bunch of Cowboys fans who are trying to understand why they didn't have 5 pro-bowlers or to a bunch of teenage girls trying to understand why their favorite Idol didn't win.  They have a built-in prejudice to think that Apple is worth an infinite amount and that anything that pushes the stock down is an evil conspiracy or the work of...
You're right, Pedro's wrong, and as usual, Tallest Skil is the most clueless person in the room.
Actually that's been proven false.  Amateur investors around here only seem to remember the times it went down, but it's been just as likely to rise.  Which is as it should be.  50/50.