or Connect

Posts by coffeetime

You know, as much as I respect Steve's (and Apple's) privacy, I can't get my arms around why it would be such a freakin big deal for him to just come out and say something short and sweet as to why he looks as thin as he does. This is a public company, after all.
I've experienced many of these problems on my original iPhone after upgrading to the 2.0 software (interface lag, Super Monkey Ball game crashing before it gets to the second ("Sega") screen). Additionally, I've had a heck of a time trying to connect to my home WiFi network since the upgrade. Sitting in the same chair that I've been in for years, with my Apple AirPort base station where it's also been for years, my iPhone now rarely "sees" my hotspot, whereas before, I...
I'd love to see Apple compete for the lead in the fledgling personal robotics market. Let's face it, Sony is in the game (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/3330183.stm), as is Honda (http://www.honda-robots.com/english/...frameset2.html) and Microsoft (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/robotics/default.aspx), to name a few. Apple would seem to "fit" the area of personal robotics to a tee. They know how to make software, understand synthetic speech and speech / text...
Add me to the list of folks who can't get Flash 10 beta 2 to work. I try to watch videos on CNN, and it comes up saying that a flash plugin is missing. Yes, I ran Adobe's "Uninstall Flash" program before installing the beta 2 of Flash 10, and searched the disk to make sure that both flashplayer.xpt and FlashPlayer.plugin were removed from /Library/Internet Plug-Ins. Then I installed the beta 2 Flash 10 and searched again. I don't know if this has something to do with...
Perhaps this will be the secret sauce that unlocks the potential of AppleTV. Watch movies, listen to music AND use it as your internet portal, with desktop-like web apps all at your disposal.
Look at what Apple has been doing with names as of the last few years. Apple Computer is now just Apple. iTunes Music Store is now iTunes Store. PowerBooks have been renamed MacBooks. Now, their .Mac service has been changed to MobileMe, and banners at MWDC said "OS X for Mac" and "OSX for iPhone". I wouldn't be surprised to see Snow Leopard as the beginning of a transition to provide Apple's OS to operate on non-Apple hardware.
Que to the Rolling Stones: "I see an iPhone, and I want it painted black."
Bono would be a natural.
I have an idea for budding iPhone developers. Create an app that knows your AT&T plan, and can alert you whenever you're close to or have actually exceeded your plan minutes for the month and end up talking your head off at 45 cents per minute. With so many variables (night and weekend, AT&T to AT&T calls, rollover, etc.) it is relatively easy to do that. I should know. After being on the road for close to a month and calling home and clients quite a bit, I return home...
The World Trade Center, the surrounding buildings, and the airplanes - all "non-destructive things" holding or carrying innocent people - were "fixed" by religious fanatics all earning their final Islamic merit badges on their way to an orgy with 72 virgins (hopefully they all look like Rosie O'Donald). Going after those bastards in Afghanistan and baiting them to fight us in Iraq (where they're getting their asses kicked, for those not keeping up on current events) is...