or Connect

Posts by coffeetime

As an owner of a patent myself, I thought they had a 17-year lifespan. If so, then why is Apple even interested in owning early-1990 patents?
Such as returning scroll bar arrows to the user interface. Create an option to turn them on and off if you must, but lack of scroll arrows have been the most maddening change from Snow Leopard to Lion for this user.
Last night's "The Simpson's" was a pretty funny Apple (er, "Mapple") themed episode. Homer walked into a Mapple store, and watched as a rotating MacBook Air-lookalike completely vanished whenever it turned thin-side to the camera. I can see a future episode, with Homer fumbling and bumbling around in a store with just one "real" wall.
Have you tried the Star Walk app? It'll give you an idea of how this would work.
Apple, give us back our fracking scroll bar arrows!!!
We saw it in 3D at the huge IMAX theatre in North Seattle when it first came out. I just don't think that watching it again - even on our 67" big-screen HDTV set - will be able to top that.
I'd be happy if Apple could make Photo Stream work in the first place. Case in point - if you take photos away from a WiFi connection and later connect via WiFi, Photo Stream is supposed to spring into action and upload those newly-taken photos. Except that it doesn't happen - at least reliably. If it were, the iPhone's Camera Roll and Photo Stream would be in sync (assuming that you don't delete photos from the phone after importing them into iPhoto). We've tried and...
In China, just call it the iPod Plus and be done with it.
What can I say? I have the original Intel Core Duo-powered MacBook, and Lion needs at least a Core 2 Duo to install. But even if I could install Lion, I'm not sure that I would, since it can't run PPC code under Rosetta.
My spouse and I got our new iPhone 4S's this week, and I can tell you that Siri is amazing. I used it to dictate a short email message, and it was 100% accurate. We got haircuts last night, and afterwards we always schedule for the next time. I told Siri to schedule haircuts for November 29th at 2 pm, and it did it flawlessly. I'll bet that Apple opens up the API for 3rd-party apps later on, so they can be voice-controlled as well. Sometimes Siri doesn't know how to...