or Connect

Posts by coffeetime

Since Entourage still keeps everything in one big database file (making Time Machine backups problematic), I switched to Mac Mail a few years back. I'm surprised that Office 2008 didn't update Entourage in order to fix this issue. A big problem I've been having with Office v.X is with the "find" command. Often it will simply not accept anything typed into the "Find what:" field, and I have to switch to a different app such as Safari and then switch back again for it to...
As someone who stood in line on Day One of the original iPhone rollout, I honestly can't say that I missed cut/copy/paste all that much, if at all. I do hope that in upcoming OS that the auto-login to WiFi fixes a problem that I have repeatedly, and that is at home when I'm using my iPhone in the living room, it must be right on the range edge of my AirPort base station downstairs, and it constantly bugs me to enter the password to connect. Just an FYI, but my original...
The nerve of Apple! Where's the built-in laser pointer or the mustache trimmer? I'm going on a hunger strike!!!
Jeez, go take your meds or something! Sorry I criticized folks you revere, but if in your heart you believe that if you laid out all the content of TDS for a week, month, whatever, and categorized who got skewered into liberal and conservative piles that the piles would be roughly equal, well, I'd say that you need to UP your meds even more. That's why I hate one-way shows such as Bill O'Reily or Hannity or Olberman, and why I don't read one-way columnists like E. J....
I don't need to do what? FWIW, I happen to be someone - probably a rare person these days - who votes for whom I think is the best candidate, not because they have a big D or R stamped on them (2 sides of the same coin for the most part). I used to watch Stewart almost "Daily" until his political bias distracted too much from his humor. With so much low-hanging comedy fruit to harvest from both the left and the right, it annoyed me that Stewart seldom touched on...
Anybody who relies upon Jim Cramer for financial advice gets what they have coming to them. Still, Jon Stewart walks away virtually unscathed for little more than an ad hominem attack by digging up past areas that he disagrees with Cramer over rather than address the REAL reason that Cramer's name has been in the news as of late, and that is his criticism of Obama's financial plans (if you can call them that). Chris Mathews of MSNBC "Hardball" fame was ridiculed for...
I can remember 1/24/1984 well, when I drove to Empire Electronics in Burien, WA (south of Seattle) to watch in awe as a salesperson demonstrated MacPaint to a throng of onlookers. I ended up buying one with a carrying case a few days later, and then I picked up an Apple 1200 baud modem and MacTerminal days (weeks?) later, and finally picked up an ImageWriter to cap everything off. When I later upgraded it to a Mac Plus, I wish I could've kept the original rear of the...
I have the original iPhone, and WiFi is always coming and going when I try to access my AirPort base station in our home.
The government setting the price for ringtones. A tax break provision for the makers of toy wooden arrows inserted into the latest version of the "Financial Armageddon Avoidance" bill. We recently watched the excellent HBO miniseries "John Adams." I'd say that he along with the other founding fathers of our country are spinning in their graves about now. Every two years, one entire house of Congress (House of Representatives) is sent packing, and despite the fact...
Geez, techstud, give it a rest. Are you on the ChiComs' payroll?