or Connect

Posts by mcarling

How many children did the DOJ murder at Waco in 1993? If I recall correctly, the DOJ murdered 19 children in that raid, about half of whom hadn't yet reached their 3rd birthday.
It will drive a 4K display at 24Hz.
I normally buy a new iPhone every year, but I'm skipping the iPhone 6. I'll wait for the 6s with the hope that it will be offered in a 4" model.
Evil loves evil.
 No doubt that Apple's business model is based on the ecosystem.  Apple may or may not adjust the Apple TV business model following the Beats acquisition.  None of that suggests that Apple will not update the Apple TV hardware this summer, to improve performance and perhaps add support for 4K content and apps, including games.
Apple should release a 4th generation Apple TV prior to Sony's release.
It makes a lot of sense to eventually integrated the baseband processor into the A series CPU/GPU (to improve performance, battery life, reliability, and reduce cost). Designing their own discrete baseband processor would be the obvious incremental step along that path.
I hope Apple will release the new Apple TV before Google releases its copy.
"Previous OS X 10.9.3 betas added pixel-doubling scaling support, suggesting the upcoming maintenance update will bring a so-called "Retina" output mode for users connecting their late-2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display to external 4K monitors." What about 2012 and early-2013 rMBPs? Will they not support pixel-doubling scaling on 4K monitors? I have an early-2013 15" rMBP.
It's not a secret that the Apple TV is ripe for a significant refresh in order to support 4K movies and an App Store with productivity, lifestyle, and game apps. To do that, Apple may be expected to make numerous incremental updates to hardware components: A5 -> A6 or A7 CPU 512MB -> 1GB of DRAM 8GB -> 16GB or 32GB of flash storage 100Mbit -> 1Gbit Ethernet 802.11n -> 802.11ac Wifi HDMI 1.2 -> HDMI 1.4