or Connect

Posts by mcarling

My guess is that the 4th gen Apple TV will be physically capable of streaming 4K content, but that it will not initially be supported due to lack of progress in contract negotiation with the content owners.
Wrong direction.  I cannot reach _across_ the screen of the iPhone 6, let alone up and down it.
The iPhone 6 is too large for me to use one-handed, so I won't replace my iPhone 5S until Apple release a 4" iPhone that supports Apple Pay.
Certainly any new or revised iPhone will include both TouchID and an NFC chip for Apple Pay. The only data connection needed for Apple Pay is that via the NFC chip.  Wifi/cellular is not required, so a revised iPod Touch could certainly be built by Apple to support Apple Pay.
I have not seen any rumors that Skylake-H (the specific Skylake parts suitable for a 15" MacBook Pro) will be released during 2015.  I have no reason to believe that a Skylake MBP will be released before early-2016.
I actually do know that, directly from someone involved in the decision. I'm happy with my iPad Air, but the smartest person I know wants a 13" iPad.
The price will drop, not by $500 but maybe by $200, when Apple finally drop what's left of the legacy discrete GPU -- either this year or next year -- from the MBP line.
By that logic, anyone who doesn't own their own supercomputer is not a power user.
No chance.  More likely integrated graphics only.
 Absolutely not.  That would have created confusion about which is the high-end machine: the 15" rMBP and the 17" cMBP as well as confusion about why there was no 17" rMBP.  From a marketing perspective, that would have been disastrous.  The recently introduced (or re-introduced) Retina MacBook is a perfect example.